Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eddie Vedder

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Erik Shin

david75 wrote: »
    The poster is really unfortunate timing. Glen's friend Danny Sheehy was killed when his boat capsized the other day. One of the three lads he rowed from Ireland to Spain in the little currach last year.

Weirdly unfortunate timing.

He's dedicating a song to him now

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Enjoy the gig, sure ya can tell us all about it after ;)

Glen was on fire..... worth the price of admission on his own

• Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭lukin

Erik Shin wrote: »
    Was at Bruno Mars last month in the 3 arena....the sound here is 10 times better

People always complain about The Marquee having poor sound so it must have been really bad at the 3Arena that night :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

He covered U2's Bad. Would love to have seen that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭lukin

ILikeBoats wrote: »
    He covered U2's Bad. Would love to have seen that

Only about the first minute of it but still good.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Outrageously good, bloody hell could spend a day coming up with superlatives for him. Ticked off loads of PJ songs I wanted to hear live.

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭DuffleBag

Lads... the version of Black he did, with the strings... amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Just remembered....the cake!! Wonder did it taste nice

Setlist for tonight for anyone comparing

DCE7bOEXgAQiXFG.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Open All Night.... damn it to hell. Was hoping that would be played in Dublin. Wished I'd went down now.

And Bad? Is that a first? Hope someone uploads that.

Great gig, genuinely.

Off He Goes, Black, Comfortably Numb and Falling Slowly were my highlights of the night. Nice to finally hear Driftin live also.

The reaction to Falling Slowly was unreal. Delighted for Glen, who was also amazing. The OH never seen him before, think I have some competition now for her affections.

Come ere, does Eddie's wife introduce him at all the shows? The f*cking language out of her :pac:
    That was his production manager apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭danoriordan1402

Great show, black was unreal and Glen was on fire, what more could an ageing rocker want

• Registered Users Posts: 4,770 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Excellent show, really enjoyed it and Eddie Vedder seemed to enjoy the energy in the crowd.

A special thank you to the d1ckhead who wouldn't shut up right behind our seat. We moved out to standing and had a great time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,770 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

stankratz wrote: »
    Great gig, genuinely.

Come ere, does Eddie's wife introduce him at all the shows? The f*cking language out of her :pac:

She called the dubs C U Next Tuesdays, what's wrong with that? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Erik Shin wrote: »
    Was at Bruno Mars last month in the 3 arena....the sound here is 10 times better

The sound tonight was the best I've heard in a good few years at the marquee.
    I'm putting a lot of that down to no drums, as the bass is usually overpowering and distorted.
    It tends to be hit and miss there, alot depends on the sound engineer.
    Tonight was excellent though.

Great gig.
    Ed seemed genuinely embarrassed about it being over twenty years since he played in Cork. Hopefully he and the rest of Pearl Jam will be back here soon and stop avoiding Ireland on their tours.
    The crowd were magnificent tonight, no yobs or drunks about, and the atmosphere was electric, I thought the roof was going to come off at times.

What was the story with the white lab coats though, really strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Such a special gig. Worth the ticket price to hear black the way it was, with the crowd and everything.

Elderly woman behind the counter, black and surprisingly falling slowly were my highlights.
    Always know it's a good gig when all you want to do is go home and listen to them again

Would have loved to have heard Jeremy and your true but you can't have it all!!been to many a marquee gig and that's by far been the best sound.

Here's hoping for pearl jam to play in pairc ui caoimh next year

Still shaking... absolutely amazing, just echoing what everyone else has said...8!seconds in and I was crying ffs! ...I want to do it all over again

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭Carrie6OD

stankratz wrote: »
    Great gig, genuinely.

Off He Goes, Black, Comfortably Numb and Falling Slowly were my highlights of the night. Nice to finally hear Driftin live also.

The reaction to Falling Slowly was unreal. Delighted for Glen, who was also amazing. The OH never seen him before, think I have some competition now for her affections.

Was that his wife? He was talking about how much he misses her at the Dub gig...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Tilikum

Felt sorry for Hansard - people not bothering their arses to watch him. He was class too.

'Eddie if you told me you murderer a man, I'd grab my shovel' Great line.

Can't get over how small Vedder is. He is amazing, couldn't have hoped for better.

Why do people have to record stuff on their phones. Even after being asked to not be like the gob****es in London. ****

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,430 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

UNBELIEVABLE gig ....
    The atmosphere for a 'solo acoustic' gig was absolutley electric... Hair standing on the back of my neck for Black, Elderly Lady..... and even Last Kiss.
    Crowd were really up for it... Glen was too, and Ed god damn was also....

(Anyone that had been to PJ gigs in Ireland, has heard all that "i wont wait so long to come back next time" previously, but hopefully he will stand by his words this time....

Best gig ever ? Damn bloody close !

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

What time was he finishing up?

Little jealous there was a proper version of black!

Found this on twitter. Some random footage but Black played over it
    On a phone so I dunno how to embed

https://twitter.com/kieronoc/status/874067322625024001

11.10 ish .....

fastest 2.5 hrs ever !! :D

What was the story with the white lab coats though, really strange.

Was wondering this myself. Idea came from Neil Young in the 80's apparently. Eddie's solo tour to start was an experiment. Hence the lab coats, which have stuck.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

I just want to hear it all again tonight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Tilikum

Just read Eddie paid 25k to play past the curfew in Dublin.

Tilikum wrote: »
    Just read Eddie paid 25k to play past the curfew in Dublin.

Where did you read that ?:eek::confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

Think we were lucky to get any version of Black in Dublin. It wasnt on the original setlist and we could clearly hear Eddie prompting the big fella to sing Last Kiss but he was having none of it and think he decided it would be Black and Eddie just went with it :D

Advertisement