Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eddie Vedder

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

He did Jeremy again last night. Was hoping we'd get to have that as our one-off in Dublin. Ah well

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

It was better in Dublin. Not even kidding. Crowd were weirdly subdued for it last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

david75 wrote: »
    It was better in Dublin. Not even kidding. Crowd were weirdly subdued for it last night.

Yeah I was watched back a live stream this morning, didn't get half the response it did in Dublin. Plus the girl recording kept shouting "Play Release" in between songs :rolleyes:

There were a nice few other rarities played though!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

This is a looong shot, but it was mentioned earlier about soundboard recordings. Does anyone know are these typically kept and archived at gigs? I'd love to get my hands on a recording of Yann Tiersen in Vicar Street! If anyone has any leads, please let me know!!

Just listening back to all of these.

Lads. Dublin was the best gig of the tour. Not for being the longest. Just a great Dublin crowd and ed responding to it.

Magic altogether.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭Carrie6OD

Just listening back to all of these.

Lads. Dublin was the best gig of the tour. Not for being the longest. Just a great Dublin crowd and ed responding to it.

Magic altogether.

It was an unforgettable night. It was a privilege to listen to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Erik Shin

Cant comment on Dublin...all I can say is that Cork made this bitter 45yo a very happy man and I cried and sang my heart out

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭ts_editor

Shows.
    Eddie Vedder 6/9/17 Dublin, Ireland
    https://www.hightail.com/download/dDZHT214SU9EbUlQWWNUQw
    I was going to ask. Thanks.

A 1.4 GB zip! FFS.
    :pac:

EV/GH tourcomplilation...grab it while you can

Stolen Days from Eternity

Disc 1 - Glen Hansard - Opening
    01 Say it To Me Now (Amsterdam 3)
    02 Friend Enemy (Amsterdam 2)
    03 High Hope (Dublin)
    04 Revelate (Dublin)
    05 Her Mercy (Amsterdam 2)
    06 Stay the Road (Amsterdam 2)
    07 My Little Ruin (Amsterdam 3)
    08 Your Hearts Not in it Babe (Amsterdam 3)
    09 Wheels on Fire (Amsterdam 3)
    10 American Townland (Amsterdam 3)
    11 This Gift (Amsterdam 3)
    12 Winning Streak (Taormina 2)
    13 When Your Minds Made Up (Taormina 2)
    14 Bird of Sorrow (Dublin)
    15 McCormacks Wall (Dublin)
    16 Vigilante Man (Taormina 1)
    17 Way Back in the Way (Taormina 2)

Disc 2 - Eddie Vedder - Main Set
    01 Batman Theme (Taormina 1)
    02 Tuolumne (Taormina 1)
    03 Long Road (Taormina 1)
    04 Bad (Taormina 1)
    05 Wishlist (Taormina 1)
    06 Throw Your Arms Around Me (Taormina 2)
    07 Picture in a Frame (Taormina 2)
    08 Soon Forget (Amsterdam 2)
    09 Around the Bend (Amsterdam 3)
    10 Im One (Dublin)
    11 It happened Today (Taormina 2)
    12 Guaranteed (Amsterdam 1)
    13 Long Nights (Taormina 2)
    14 Good Woman (Taormina 2)
    15 Jeremy (Dublin)
    16 Masters of War (Amsterdam 3)
    17 Immortality (Amsterdam 3)
    18 Parting Ways (Amsterdam 2)
    19 Out of Sand (Taormina 1)
    20 Better Man (Taormina 1)
    21 Porch (Taormina 1)
    22 -Encore 1- (Taormina 1 / Amsterdam 2)

Disc 3 - Eddie Vedder - Encores
    01 Comfortably Numb (Amsterdam 2)
    02 Come Back (Amsterdam 2)
    03 Ship Song (Taormina 2)
    04 Black (Taormina 2)
    05 Sleepless Nights (Taormina 2)
    06 Falling Slowly (Dublin)
    07 Society (Amsterdam 2)
    08 Song of Good Hope (Amsterdam 2)
    09 Arc (Amsterdam 2)
    10 -Encore 2- (Amsterdam 2 / Taormina 2)
    11 Smile (Taormina 2)
    12 Auld Triangle (Dublin)
    13 Rockin in the Free World (Dublin)
    14 -Encore 3- (Dublin / Taormina 2)
    15 Hard Sun (Taormina 2)
    16 -Encore 4- (Taormina 2)
    17 Dream a Little Dream (Taormina 2)

https://wetransfer.com/downloads/d5ebd431ea14bedddd3bb47cf6ed12ae20170810152707/db569f

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,430 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Thats great to have !! Thanks a mill...

Shame theres no Cork on there :)

Downloaded it, but Windows Media wont/cant play it.. Codec issue ??

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

greenspurs wrote: »
    Thats great to have !! Thanks a mill...

Shame theres no Cork on there :)

Downloaded it, but Windows Media wont/cant play it.. Codec issue ??
    Download Media Monkey, it will play flac files

theyre FLAC files so you can play them with winamp and also convert them to MP3 with winamp.

Are they free downloads ?
    Can you burn to cd from them ?

yes

listening to the auld triangle from this gig after seeing the PJ film lets play two...makes so much sense:)

still the best gig this year:)

listening to the auld triangle from this gig after seeing the PJ film lets play two...makes so much sense:)

Where did you see the film? Been looking online for it but no luck...

Carrie6OD wrote: »
    Where did you see the film? Been looking online for it but no luck...

It was in selected cinemas over the last fortnight.
    Im not sure if you can see it online ??

greenspurs wrote: »
    It was in selected cinemas over the last fortnight.
    Im not sure if you can see it online ??

Ah sugar I missed it. I saw it was on fox sports in the USA and assumed it was a tv thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Them's big words in what has been a vintage year for gigs for me - Radiohead, LCD Soundsystem, Arcade Fire. Bon Iver, among many others..

Still though, I find it hard to argue with you...

It's definitely the one I look back at and smile the most!

(ps Did I see you offstage at Glen's gig at the Footsbarn by any chance? :) )

• Advertisement

UsedToWait wrote: »
    Them's big words in what has been a vintage year for gigs for me - Radiohead, LCD Soundsystem, Arcade Fire. Bon Iver, among many others..

Still though, I find it hard to argue with you...

It's definitely the one I look back at and smile the most!

(ps Did I see you offstage at Glen's gig at the Footsbarn by any chance? :) )

It was a magical night in the point. I was afraid it was simply too big a venue and it wouldn’t work. Man I’ve never been happier to be wrong. Just brilliant.

Wasn’t at the footsbarn show no. Missed that one.

Best gig this year by a country mile

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Yea have to agree with Eddie's gig being the best show of the year and i was nearly not gonna go. Had tickets for BARE in the Woods which was the same weekend but the one pro of them pulling the festival was i had not sold my Eddie ticket. Boy was i glad i went , hadnt listened to much Pearl Jam or Eddies solo stuff in a good while and prob didnt know a good chunk of the songs but it still didnt make a difference. Plus it also turned me into a Glen Hansard fan

He’s a gas man :) silly faces his idea I didn’t know what to do :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Best gig by a fair bit for me. Unfortunately after every gig I find myself thinking “that was good gig, but not nearly as good as EV gig”. Everything else is a bit of an anti-climax.
    The gig just broke away from standard format of gigs - unexpected moments. Playing 40 minutes over the curfew, having crowd member singing on stage, sing-along to auld triangle, Hard Sun with lights on at the end, special rendition of Jeremy, himself and Hansard duets, little stories from EV.

Lives long in the memory.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Best gig by a fair bit for me. Unfortunately after every gig I find myself thinking “that was good gig, but not nearly as good as EV gig”. Everything else is a bit of an anti-climax.
    The gig just broke away from standard format of gigs - unexpected moments. Playing 40 minutes over the curfew, having crowd member singing on stage, sing-along to auld triangle, Hard Sun with lights on at the end, special rendition of Jeremy, himself and Hansard duets, little stories from EV.

Lives long in the memory.

Yep. Same. Best gig of the year (Dublin) including Glastonbury. EV was amazing, Glen Hansard was great - Not the biggest fan but not a hater like some. And the crowd...... The crowd was probably the best crowd I've seen in an indoor venue. Just the greatest craic. Just listen to Jeremy on that download. Spine-chilling. Porch, Better Man... Phew.I have not listened to the other shows on this tour (As per one of the previous links). How did they compare? Biased of course but I can't imagine any being much better than that..... The only thing I wasn't gone on was the Dublin poem. I've heard it before and I hate this mythologizing of Dublin. But that's just a personal thing. Epic gig

• Registered Users Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Sorry Dave, was that your poem? Apologies for that. I had heard the poem before of course. Congrats on the usccess. "Hate" is a strong word. I just don't like the mythologization of any place really..... 'course it could be that I'm just a bogger :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Yep. Same. Best gig of the year (Dublin) including Glastonbury. EV was amazing, Glen Hansard was great - Not the biggest fan but not a hater like some. And the crowd...... The crowd was probably the best crowd I've seen in an indoor venue. Just the greatest craic. Just listen to Jeremy on that download. Spine-chilling. Porch, Better Man... Phew.I have not listened to the other shows on this tour (As per one of the previous links). How did they compare? Biased of course but I can't imagine any being much better than that..... The only thing I wasn't gone on was the Dublin poem. I've heard it before and I hate this mythologizing of Dublin. But that's just a personal thing. Epic gig

We thought the very same , it seemed to go on for ages , Didnt feel it added to the gig at all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

We thought the very same , it seemed to go on for ages , Didnt feel it added to the gig at all

Man I LOVE that poem

• Advertisement

Sorry Dave, was that your poem? Apologies for that. I had heard the poem before of course. Congrats on the usccess. "Hate" is a strong word. I just don't like the mythologization of any place really..... 'course it could be that I'm just a bogger :)

Wasn’t my poem no. Stephen James smith is the poet he read it on the night. I love the poem. It was something that’s never happened before at an ed show and probably never will again?

Advertisement