Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eddie Vedder

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

On the App yes but the website hasnt had a ticket since 9.
    The Website is useless.

Getting nothing on the app now myself :(

• Subscribers Posts: 41,616 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Wing126 wrote: »
    Getting nothing on the app now myself :(

9:43 and still getting tickets on app

dont believe the "no tickets available" page... they throw that in to make you think you have to get the next tickets available

it will only ever be true once.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭Mike Oxlong

On the App yes but the website hasnt had a ticket since 9.
    The Website is useless.

Website working away

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭muletide

Just got 2 - albeit in the rafters

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭loveboat captain

Still tickets available on the website

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Sheog

mollser wrote: »
    Yes, there's some awful seats coming up now - is this a stitch up? Plenty more will come available closer to the event? Ususal sh!t with TM, the proper fans get stitched and some fairweather lads come along at the last minute and hoover up

Exact same thing happened to me. Was looking for 4xtickets and the only ones I could get were in section P for ages. Refuse to spend that sort of money on the worst seats in the house so I kept trying. Managed to get 4 seats in section A, at about 9.30. Not awesome, but much better than P!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

Had the option of tickets in the upper tiers, but at €106 I decided to throw the towel in, and will instead buy my 8 year old daughter €106 worth of shoes/clothes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭CountingCrows

poundhound wrote: »
    Had the option of tickets in the upper tiers, but at €106 I decided to throw the towel in, and will instead buy my 8 year old daughter €106 worth of shoes/clothes.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 38,407 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Tbh this type of show is not really about stage theatrics or anything like that and any seat would do. Having perfect and clear sound is a must for this

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

Those prices are mad. A few acts now over the last few years who I would've liked to see but just couldn't justify the cost.

Thought Eddie would have been a man of the people type! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Cheerilee

Burty330 wrote: »
    Id actually rather see the band without Eddie than Eddie without the band. 100 clams to see 1/5 of Pearl Jam.?? Disgrace and a total insult to the fans.
    And , yes , I was there two years ago , good but not great. Nothing compared to a PJ show.

Im glad you said this! My 12 year old is a HUGE Pearl Jam fan , wasn't sure whether to pay out for this or not but will hold off until Pearl Jam's next tour and go via Europe if they arent playing here,

Cheerilee

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

If anyone knows of 2 tickets going let me know. Missed out this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

hetuzozaho wrote: »

Thought Eddie would have been a man of the people type! :)

He used to, he clearly got old coupled with records not selling and realized it won't last forever particularly when having to cancel shows due to old man body.

Not interested myself, how much would they charge for PJ if he can make that on his own prob just not bring them here perhaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

Ed plays for around 3 hours.
    €30 an hour basically to hear an amazing singer/songwriter.
    Money well spent for a rare enough event.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Ms. Captain M

I don't mind paying it, especially after experiencing the last one. I could spend that much on a night out anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,430 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

sparrowcar wrote: »
    Ed plays for around 3 hours.
    €30 an hour basically to hear an amazing singer/songwriter.
    Money well spent for a rare enough event.

No, no he doesn't.
    just over 2hrs.

And even though I am a massive PJ fan, I didn't even try to get tickets.
    Im not throwing that money at him, to hear (more or less) the same songs I heard him play in Cork 2 years ago.

"Grunge is Dead" (but they will charge you handsomely to listen)

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

greenspurs wrote: »
    No, no he doesn't.
    just over 2hrs.

And even though I am a massive PJ fan, I didn't even try to get tickets.
    Im not throwing that money at him, to hear (more or less) the same songs I heard him play in Cork 2 years ago.

"Grunge is Dead" (but they will charge you handsomely to listen)

I've seen PJ 6 times and Eddie twice and all have been for very close to 3 hours or mostly over 3 hours.

If grudge is dead for you take your negativity over to the grime forum....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭Mike Oxlong

I've seen PJ 6 times and Eddie twice and all have been for very close to 3 hours or mostly over 3 hours.

Ah look, all his posts were all about makey uppy tours and dates, ...nothing happening...it's all rubbish...and now that it is happening ..he posts that he won't go anyway ...you know the sort of posts ;)

In Ireland ? Over 3 hours ?? Never happened.
    I would like to see the evidence to prove me wrong?

*grunge

Not negative. I don't want to pay that money to see him do the same songs that he did here 2 years ago.
    My opinion and prerogative.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭CountingCrows

I don't want to pay that money to see him do the same songs that he did here 2 years ago.

Simples - Unfollow

• Advertisement

In Ireland ? Over 3 hours ?? Never happened.
    I would like to see the evidence to prove me wrong?

*grunge

Not negative. I don't want to pay that money to see him do the same songs that he did here 2 years ago.

I never said ireland alone but his last gig here was just under 3 hours. Much closer to 3 than your just over 2!

I've seen PJ abroad 3 times and all were over the 3 hour mark.

I never said ireland alone but his last gig here was just under 3 hours. Much closer to 3 than your just over 2!

I've seen PJ abroad 3 times and all were over the 3 hour mark.

Epic trolling by the way..

Epic trolling by the way..

Because I questioned your claim that eddie vedder played for over 3 hours in Cork ?
    A claim you then backtracked on and said it was 'nearly' ?

Don't make silly claims, and then get all defensive and upset when you are found out.

As someone else said (quite childishly) 'Simples' :D

I don't mind paying it, especially after experiencing the last one. I could spend that much on a night out anyway.

So you won't be having a feed of pints at the gig? :p

Nobody is going to see Eddie Vedder really they want to be showered with PJ songs I have no doubt when his solo material gets aired it's off to the jacks,to the bar or the smoking area. He might play for a bit but he's filling up the clock doing Beatles,Cat Stevens and Springsteen(etc.) covers.

Because I questioned your claim that eddie vedder played for over 3 hours in Cork ? :D

Quote me please where I said that?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

So you won't be having a feed of pints at the gig? :p

Nobody is going to see Eddie Vedder really they want to be showered with PJ songs I have no doubt when his solo material gets aired it's off to the jacks,to the bar or the smoking area. He might play for a bit but he's filling it up clock doing Beatles,Cat Stevens and Springsteen(etc.) covers.

I see a 30 song recent setlist. 2 songs from ukele songs. That's mad! Or is there an actual reason for it? I've never listened to it actually, must give it a go.

So like 10ish solo-ish out of 30. He mustn't be too into his solo career himself :) which is his perogative.

I'd still enjoy the night though. Great voice and tunes etc.

Actually a night of actual solo stuff in the olympia would prob interest me more, wonder how it would sell and then the reaction afterwards :) . And let pearl jam hit the point.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

It's all relative lads, cost of living in Ireland has increased year on year and salaries in Dub have done the same, so obvious gigs are going to get more expensive

Some people just cant afford to go, and some people can, there's no need to be spiteful to one or the other.

It's all relative lads, cost of living in Ireland has increased year on year and salaries in Dub have done the same, so obvious gigs are going to get more expensive

Sorry I don't know what you are trying to say and what Dublin centric salaries have got to do with it. All relative is discussing a man who spoke out in the past over Ticketmaster prices now getting into bed with them. Shows may be more expensive but ticket prices can usually reflect ones with massive production this is just one lad and a duffel bag of a few instruments. If Ed Vedder shows are this price what do you suggest for full band?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

The cost of living has nothing to do with it, nor is it a question of who can and can't afford it- the simple truth is that the prices are far too expensive for a stripped back solo show, 1/5th of the band as someone pointed out earlier in the thread

Advertisement