Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eddie Vedder

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Jgordo

Well for me Amsterdam night 1 lived up to all the hype. Brilliant night. My 10c tickets where row 4, bang in the centre. Felt so intimate and forgot about all those behind us. Really can't wait for Dublin now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

Not to get hopes up but it seems after umpteen years ten club have listened. Finally. Loads and loads of members getting great seats in the front rows. As it should be.
    Previously their tickets are more expensive than general sale and dotted randomly throughout the venue. Making the only point of membership totally worthless. They seem to have addressed it at last which is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,402 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Loving the setlists so far but as we knw they will change show by show. Prob the bulk of Pearl jam and EV solo stuff will remain but he mixes each show up with different covers. Imagine Dublin will get some u2 covers or even a traditional song like Auld Triangle etc

Very happy all is mine is on it. Can u download the full concert like the pearl jam ones??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

I don't think Eddie Solo gets bootlegs

The 10C seats were right up the front again in Belgium last night. Fingers crossed!

ILikeBoats wrote: »
    I don't think Eddie Solo gets bootlegs

The 10C seats were right up the front again in Belgium last night. Fingers crossed!

Ah hopefully I might get an audience recording or something

Seeing Hansard twice this summer but rather go and see him in the 3arena than early in Nowlan Park (support for Young/Dylan)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Just had a look at a number of the setlists. I'm one of those that doesn't care about the surprise of not knowing what songs are being played. Would prefer to have an idea. And anyway, it's all mixed up to bring enough novelty to the night.
    Wow, it looks fab. Seems to finish on Hard sun and Rockin .... again on a consistent basis.
    Can't wait for it now. If it's even close to the standard set 2 years ago, it will still be magnificent. I don't usually go for seating tickets. But for this one, I think it's most appropriate. Sit back in comfort and be entertained for 2.5 hours.
    We got the Auld Triangle in 2017. Don't think himself and Hansard will do the same again. I'd love something like the irish rover, town I loved so well, dublin in the rare old times etc.

For those who were at the recent shows - is it same idea as before - tunes, interlaced with crowd interaction i.e. little stories. And how long is the show. Does it typically run over the curfew.

Just had a look at a number of the setlists. I'm one of those that doesn't care about the surprise of not knowing what songs are being played. Would prefer to have an idea. And anyway, it's all mixed up to bring enough novelty to the night.
    Wow, it looks fab. Seems to finish on Hard sun and Rockin .... again on a consistent basis.
    Can't wait for it now. If it's even close to the standard set 2 years ago, it will still be magnificent. I don't usually go for seating tickets. But for this one, I think it's most appropriate. Sit back in comfort and be entertained for 2.5 hours.
    We got the Auld Triangle in 2017. Don't think himself and Hansard will do the same again. I'd love something like the irish rover, town I loved so well, dublin in the rare old times etc.

For those who were at the recent shows - is it same idea as before - tunes, interlaced with crowd interaction i.e. little stories. And how long is the show. Does it typically run over the curfew.

Yes it's the same kind of set up as the 2017 shows. Bit of chat and stories with the lights one. Really strict on camera / mobile phone use. It's just during the last 2 songs, usually hard sun and keep on rocking, that people take photos. It's a great night and definitely living up to the hype and memories of 2 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Yellowledbetter

• Advertisement

Last time was one of the best shows I’ve ever seen. And outlets like entertainment.ie saying it was one of the best shows of the year.

Can they top it? I don’t even care. It’s going to be brilliant no matter what gets played or what happens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭whomenonotme

Just over a week to go :) Really hope people don't have full on conversations while Eddie is singing.

Don't know if it's the gigs I go to, changing audiences or am I getting grouchier about it...

What's the likelihood of this going over curfew again ???

Last expressway bus leaves at 23.45 but JJ Kavanaghs have one leaving at 00.10. Like too book online but not sure what to do now

PTH2009 wrote: »

Last expressway bus leaves at 23.45 but JJ Kavanaghs have one leaving at 00.10. Like too book online but not sure what to do now

It’s a Wednesday night. I’d say doubtful they’ll go over.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭flasher0030

It’s a Wednesday night. I’d say doubtful they’ll go over.

What's the relevance of Wednesday night. Why different than weekend night. It's indoor.
    Would be great if they go on till 11.30.

Not saying it won’t happen. Don’t think I have explain a weeknight being different to a weekend night to you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

Looking good.( the setlist i mean)

Eddie Vedder Makes Heartbreaking Pearl Jam Revelation - https://www.alternativenation.net/eddie-vedder-makes-heartbreaking-pearl-jam-revelation/

God Dublin could be special have that feeling

Undoubtedly will be :)

Went well over curfew 2 years ago. Doesn't mean it will happen this time but it's the last night really of his solo European tour. If its a good atmosphere as I'm sure it will be he might just keep going.

Also a friend is selling 2 dublin tickets, block F. If anyone is interested

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Deenie78

Can't wait, but hope I haven't built it up too much!! Two years ago will be hard to beat - best gig ever!

Deenie78 wrote: »
    Can't wait, but hope I haven't built it up too much!! Two years ago will be hard to beat - best gig ever!

I was a little worried about that too. 2 years ago was possibly my favourite gig ever. However I went to the Amsterdam show night 1 and it was amazing. I was row 4 right in front of the stage, I even got a drink of wine when he passed it round.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Plague the man for a PJ tour!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

Just FYI, I work in the transport sector and we were informed today that the finish time for Eddie is 23:55. I am going myself.

rednik wrote: »
    Just FYI, I work in the transport sector and we were informed today that the finish time for Eddie is 23:55. I am going myself.

Thanks

Balls may have too leave early to catch my bus. It's a bit annoying for all people travelling for the gig and not staying in Dublin for the night. I'm ****ed if I'm paying for a hotel room

• Registered Users Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

Devistated have to sell my tickets as something has come up.

The gig 2 years ago was such a special night. Put my 2 tickets up on adverts for €200 and sold in 5 mins. Must be sold out is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Would love if he pulled some Temple of the dog out of the bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭loveboat captain

Poorside wrote: »
    Would love if he pulled some Temple of the dog out of the bag.

Unfortunately I don't see Eddie/Pearl jam playing any totd again

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Irreverent

Cracking show in Berlin tonight. Great energy and song list. German crowd were great and really up for the show.

• Advertisement

Corduroy. That took long enough. Never played it solo before.

Ed Onstage 21:24
    Ed Offstage 23:41

1. Red Limo improv-Even Flow (no Ed)
    2. Far Behind
    3. Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town
    4. Maybe It’s Time
    5. I Am Mine
    6. Wishlist
    7. Indifference with Red Limo
    8. Wildflowers
    9. Immortality
    10. I Used To Work In Chicago {30 seconds one verse}