Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eddie Vedder

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,402 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

They just arrived an hour or so ago :) keep your eyes open if you’re in town :)

Leave the man alone you will see him Weds lol

I suppose Hansard is prob back in his mansion somewhere in Dublin

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

Poorside wrote: »
    How do you know that?

Mate works in the airport. Came by private jet. As ye do :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Mate works in the airport. Came by private jet. As ye do :)

As you do, when you're gouging people out of a hundred quid to see you with a guitar and a string quartet in 10000 seat venues.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

For those interested - the merchandise guy said there'll probably be an outside stall open from about 3pm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭flasher0030

spockety wrote: »
    As you do, when you're gouging people out of a hundred quid to see you with a guitar and a string quartet in 10000 seat venues.

I have said numerous times that the 2017 gig was amazing. But you're right. €100 for any gig is just outrageous. As for those primadonnas that charge the likes of €130 and higher - Elton John, Pink Floyd, Stevie Wonder. They should be strung up by the xxxxs. But if people just keep on paying!!!

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 41,616 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

I have said numerous times that the 2017 gig was amazing. But you're right. €100 for any gig is just outrageous. As for those primadonnas that charge the likes of €130 and higher - Elton John, Pink Floyd, Stevie Wonder. They should be strung up by the xxxxs. But if people just keep on paying!!!

where can i purchase a ticket for pink floyd for €130 ?????

seeing as the last time they played together was once in 2005, and before that was 1994

sydthebeat wrote: »
    where can i purchase a ticket for pink floyd for €130 ?????

seeing as the last time they played together was once in 2005, and before that was 1994

Complete rush of blood. I meant Roger Waters. And even at that, I don't think they were over the €100. I wouldn't be much of a journalist. Not great on the back-up research!!!!. Anyway, you get my drift.

Hopefully, hopefully they will do a Hologram pink floyd gig for you, and you can hand over your €130 quid for that.:):)

• Subscribers Posts: 41,616 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

the hologram stuff will die the death it deserves....

but the main crux of the point is simple supply and demand...... if enough people are willing to spend €90 to see eddie vedder and sell out the gig then great... everyone is happy

i saw him in '17 for a ticket price of 61.50 and he played for over 2 hours .... which i include as one of the best gigs ive ever been at and an absolute steal at that price.

ive also paid a fortune to see Bob Dylan play the same venue back in 2005 and it was the worst waste of money ever.... but thems the brakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭opengoal

Looking forward to this.. I haven't been at a gig in the 3arena for years.. Coming up to Dublin for a few beers before gig and was wondering if the more seasoned gig goers would have a view on what's the best time to get to the venue? Are there likely to be queues? Ideally would like to get in right before Hansard kicks off.. Cheers.

sydthebeat wrote: »
    the hologram stuff will die the death it deserves....

but the main crux of the point is simple supply and demand...... if enough people are willing to spend €90 to see eddie vedder and sell out the gig then great... everyone is happy

i saw him in '17 for a ticket price of 61.50 and he played for over 2 hours .... which i include as one of the best gigs ive ever been at and an absolute steal at that price.

ive also paid a fortune to see Bob Dylan play the same venue back in 2005 and it was the worst waste of money ever.... but thems the brakes.

Ya, supply and demand. Surely there will come a point when giggoers realise enough is enough. Maybe another recession. I don't know.

I did even better in 2017. got ticket for €30. Will be holding out for something similar tomorrow afternoon. Would prob pay €50. Based on the qualify that the 2017 gig was.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Oilbeefhooked!

opengoal wrote:
    Looking forward to this.. I haven't been at a gig in the 3arena for years.. Coming up to Dublin for a few beers before gig and was wondering if the more seasoned gig goers would have a view on what's the best time to get to the venue? Are there likely to be queues? Ideally would like to get in right before Hansard kicks off.. Cheers.

This is an all seated gig so no rush to get early for good spot...think Glen comes on around 7.30 ..

For anyone in town tonight, there's a pre-party on in Fibbers with Pearl Jem tribute band playing from 9pm.

Hope you all enjoy the gig tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

Flat seats available now on Ticketmaster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

For anyone in town tonight, there's a pre-party on in Fibbers with Pearl Jem tribute band playing from 9pm.

Hope you all enjoy the gig tomorrow.

Fantastic band, I've seen you guys as many times as the real band now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

Flat seats available now on Ticketmaster.

This is killing me not buying them right now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Jgordo

I'm the fool that just bought 2 extra flat seats. Lol so now I have 2 spare. Block F. Row 20.great seats. I'll take any reasonable offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Bandito909

Lads, I'm not well up on Eddie bedder but do enjoy a bitta Pearl jam. Would this be mostly his solo stuff? Didn't even know he was playing till I saw this... Hope this post doesn't get me dogs abuse ðŸ˜

Bandito909 wrote: »
    Lads, I'm not well up on Eddie bedder but do enjoy a bitta Pearl jam. Would this be mostly his solo stuff? Didn't even know he was playing till I saw this... Hope this post doesn't get me dogs abuse ðŸ˜

Here’s the set list from two nights ago.
    You’ll be delighted you went. Last time was one of the best gigs ever.
    Go. Loads of pj tunes

1. Red Limo improv-Even Flow (no Ed)
    2. Long Road with Red Limo
    3. Love Boat Captain
    4. Around The Bend
    5. Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town
    6. I Won't Back Down-(Lynne, Petty)
    7. Just Breathe with Red Limo
    8. Wishlist
    9. Off He Goes
    10. I Am Mine
    11. Soon Forget
    12. Far Behind
    13. Long Nights with Glen Hansard & Red Limo
    14. Rise with Red Limo
    15. Black with Glen Hansard & Red Limo
    16. Unthought Known
    17. Porch
    18. Red Limo improv-Alive (no Ed)
    19. I’m So Tired-(Fugazi)
    20. Corduroy with Red Limo
    21. Last Kiss-(Cochran)
    22. Imagine-(Lennon)
    23. Better Man/Save It For Later-(Charley, Cox, Morton, Steele, Wakeling) with Red Limo
    24. Song Of Good Hope-(Hansard) with Glen Hansard & Red Limo
    25. Society-(Hannan) with Glen Hansard & Red Limo
    26. Hard Sun-(Peterson) with Glen Hansard & Red Limo
    27. Seasons-(Cornell) with Red Limo

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Deenie78

Jgordo wrote: »
    I'm the fool that just bought 2 extra flat seats. Lol so now I have 2 spare. Block F. Row 20.great seats. I'll take any reasonable offer.

There's a Facebook group for this tour and someone was just looking for 2 tickets - you might have some luck shifting them there?
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/1469968873038094/?fref=nf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭whomenonotme

Bandito909 wrote: »

Go, buy the flat row seated tickets that are on sale now - I'll trade you for my not-as-good tickets (start of the tiered seating) and I'll give you €60 too!

But seriously, if you were into Pearl Jam at any stage, it's well worth your time and money. More tickets available on toutless, you might get a bargain.

• Advertisement

He plays a mixture of his own stuff, covers and Pearl jam and a few songs with Glynn. I've seen the show a few times and it's bloody brilliant.

Deenie78 wrote: »
    There's a Facebook group for this tour and someone was just looking for 2 tickets - you might have some luck shifting them there?
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/1469968873038094/?fref=nf
    Thanks I'm in all the groups I have them up there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,193 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Anyone know the expected running times...doors open 6.30...then what...

Anyone know the expected running times...doors open 6.30...then what...

Start and run times page or two back

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Ben Done

Start and run times page or two back

Glen 7:45 Ed 9:00 it was.

I'll be in me seat for 7:30, to be safe
    It was very annoying the people wandering in during Glen's set last time.

I know he's not everyone's cup of tea, but if they're not bothered, they should stay at the bar till he's finished, imo

Ben Done wrote: »

I know he's not everyone's cup of tea, but if they're not bothered, they should stay at the bar till he's finished, imo
    It was very annoying thr huge number of people still wandering up and down during Eddie's set too. I get that someone might need the loo or wnat another drink but it wasn't the odd few every now and then it was a constant stream.

Ed’s out in Glens house :) (that’s not his house he lives in an annex out behind it)
    Such a cool photo :)

https://www.instagram.com/p/BzbEY68nZnA/?igshid=1qglfa50m17ty

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Ben Done wrote: »

At Rod Stewart about eight years ago the bar closed 15 minutes before he came on stage, there was a 20 minute intermission for people to get more drinks half way through, and the bar was closed again.

I really liked it, people traipsing in and out is very annoying and I felt bad for Glen last time. It was awful to see the amount of people milling about, in his home town of all places.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Listening to Vitalogy while waiting to head up to Dublin, really hope he does Bugs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

Jgordo wrote: »
    It was very annoying thr huge number of people still wandering up and down during Eddie's set too. I get that someone might need the loo or wnat another drink but it wasn't the odd few every now and then it was a constant stream.

It was the same in cork last time.i don't know why some people even bother going to these gigs.

Advertisement