Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eddie Vedder

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

There better be enough of those posters left for those of us who can't get to this early merch stand!!
    It's the Amsterdam poster. The merch stand photo is from Amsterdam.

Ah thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,430 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Is he dead?

got 'delisted' , as far as I know ? :rolleyes: :(

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

More seats up for tonight ,maybe ring up Ticketmaster and get your seats upgraded .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭CountingCrows

More seats up for tonight ,maybe ring up Ticketmaster and get your seats upgraded .

Anyone done this before?

Anyone done this before?

Yes ,loads of times.

https://www.ticketmaster.ie/ourguarantee

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Deenie78

YES - I did it last time and got seats moved from the back to right in front of Glen's family!!

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Deenie78

The Ticketmaster number I called was 0818 903 001 - keep trying if you don't through right away - it can take time. There's a like a €6 change fee or something like that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

Got through, they will not let you swap as it is the day of the gig,what a joke

• Registered Users Posts: 38,402 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Just watched once on my phone. Great movie and now listening too Pearl Jam MTV unplugged

Really small show feeling about this gig even tho it's in a 14000 seater arena.

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭Burty330

:)Its like EV is flogging his fans millions of bucks to fund his holiday /good time around Europe.

These sauce induced bar room sing alongs he'd be partaking in anyway , i mean arena shows are essentially what would be the down time between PJ gigs ,but greedy corporate sell-out Eddide is charging you 100 tokens for the privilege of what many of lucky fan has witnessed for free in the past.

I wonder how the rest of PJ feel about being left on the bench while Eddie Geeder exploits their back catalog for extortionate prices for which all the earnings will be lodged directly into his personal bank account.

Eddie Vedder branded capitalist trinkets for sale?? Veeder was never about dat life. Eddie Greeder has become the cooperate hack he despised in his youth.
    Hey , i don't blame him for it , i just chose not to like him for it.

Ive been a die hard fan since 1992 but you either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain. :)

• Advertisement

EyesClosed wrote: »
    Got through, they will not let you swap as it is the day of the gig,what a joke

Thats poor form ,not sure if that is entirely correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

Thats poor form ,not sure if that is entirely correct.

Well the lad on the phone said it was.... He even put me on hold when he went off to check

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭riddles

What time is G Hansard on at?

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Ben Done

Burty330 wrote: »
    :)Its like EV is flogging his fans millions of bucks to fund his holiday /good time around Europe.

These sauce induced bar room sing alongs he'd be partaking in anyway , i mean arena shows are essentially what would be the down time between PJ gigs ,but greedy corporate sell-out Eddide is charging you 100 tokens for the privilege of what many of lucky fan has witnessed for free in the past.

I wonder how the rest of PJ feel about being left on the bench while Eddie Geeder exploits their back catalog for extortionate prices for which all the earnings will be lodged directly into his personal bank account.

Eddie Vedder branded capitalist trinkets for sale?? Veeder was never about dat life. Eddie Greeder has become the cooperate hack he despised in his youth.

Ive been a die hard fan since 1992 but you either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain. :)

Glad you could get that off your chest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Burty330 wrote: »

Are you going?

Amazingly first time in the green room bar and its pretty nice. Bit annoying too find somewhere comfortable to sit/stand but what can ya do

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Amazingly first time in the green room bar and its pretty nice. Bit annoying too find somewhere comfortable to sit/stand but what can ya do

Just heading in there now.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭DD Mikasa

Ha ha there's practically an empty room around the back of the second bar if u keep going. There right now!

DD Mikasa wrote: »
    Ha ha there's practically an empty room around the back of the second bar if u keep going. There right now!

Pool table?

Is that some VIP bar in the 3Arena ?
    How did the likes of you manage to get in there :pac:

• Advertisement

Is that some VIP bar in the 3Arena ?
    How did the likes of you manage to get in there :pac:

Nah far from a vip area lol. I deserve a vip pamper treatment in the 3arena tho lol

About 10 mins away from the arena. Nice place has a bar and lounge and big outside smoking area

Poorside wrote: »
    Pool table?

Nearly there, keep going. Loads of people sitting eating. Full enuf now

The green room is a pub at the end of sheriff st, at the bottom of a bunch of apartments. Perfect pre gig venue. 3 minutes from 3 arena and good food. Playing PJ as well over speakers

• Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

In here now and I tell ya,I never sweated so much queuing for merchandise,got myself the cool poster and a t-shirt...

Hansard was good but slowly turning into another ranting political guy like bono. Short but sure I might see him again in kilkenny in a few weeks. Great seats on the edge in Block C row 6

****ing hate people coming in and going out every min. Grrr

Bloody merch out of M in the long sleeved and panicked purchased one of the red shirts which doesn't have all the tour dates on the back. Oh well

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

In here now and I tell ya,I never sweated so much queuing for merchandise,got myself the cool poster and a t-shirt...

Some dude pushed his way in front of me and bought the last two posters. I was quite annoyed.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Stage times confirmed by the 3Arena

Glen Hansard 7.30pm
    Eddie Vedder 9pm SHARP

Got here a little late so not sure what time Glen was on but he was off stage at 8.15, so 45 mins to Eddie?

If that's the case seems strange for Glen to come on so early as atmosphere is bound to be better the closer it is to the main act coming on.

Anyway, from what I seen of Glen it was good but lot of chatter in the crowd and the usual traipsing in and out during the set, same as last time really.

He also slipped up and referred to the point as being on the Southside when joking about Ballymunners, think he thought he was in Vicar St.

Few stories about Eddie and him being in Celbridge yesterday and a truck load of Pearl Jam fans showed up at his gaff this morning at 11 looking for Eddie, who wasn't there.

Good atmosphere building here now, anyone who's down here, enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Hansard was good but slowly turning into another ranting political guy like bono. Short but sure I might see him again in kilkenny in a few weeks. Great seats on the edge in Block C row 6

****ing hate people coming in and going out every min. Grrr

Bloody merch out of M in the long sleeved and panicked purchased one of the red shirts which doesn't have all the tour dates on the back. Oh well

We got the early merchandise. No red shirts available

• Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Yeah Glen Hansard seemed to arrive on stage about 15 minutes early,caught a lot of people out. But ageee that he’s turning into a bono mark 2 with self prophecy sh*ite that he was rambling on about.

Still had a cracking voice and loved his version of Revelate ,2 kids brought back up on stage doing the Elvis number was funny though!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Eddie's wife is just strolling around in the crowd

Advertisement