Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eddie Vedder

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Wing126 wrote: »
    Some dude pushed his way in front of me and bought the last two posters. I was quite annoyed.

I tell ya,amout of gobsh*tes buying 4-5 posters was a total joke,should have restricted it to 2 per person,in all fairness!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

I tell ya,amout of gobsh*tes buying 4-5 posters was a total joke,should have restricted it to 2 per person,in all fairness!!!!

They did have a "limit of two" posted, but It looks like none of the staff were following it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

Put away the phones lads.have a pint watch the gig and enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭muletide

Savage, speechless, what a show

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭CountingCrows

And the old triangle.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭lukin

Just on the luas home now, I enjoyed the Cork gig two years ago more cause I was standing.
    I was surprised at the number of people going in and out.
    Still a good gig, highlights were Better Man, Hard Sun and Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭mollser

Highlights were Black and even flow by the orchestra. Class night!

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Dutchy

During the old triangle what was the quip Eddie made about the Who? Assume it was in relation to the UK gig but didn't catch it

Great gig. Very strong finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Unreal.
    Hansard was brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭riddles

Won’t see a better show than that ever!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

Did they finish with the Auld Triangle, had a leave a smidge early to get the car. Great night

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭riddles

skerry wrote: »
    Did they finish with the Auld Triangle, had a leave a smidge early to get the car. Great night

Played a crazy little thing called love after that

riddles wrote: »
    Played a crazy little thing called love after that

For sure? I thought he played the Queen cover and was playing the Auld Triangle when we were walking out the door

• Registered Users Posts: 38,402 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Great night

Although I didnt like being belittled by some superfan dickheads for recording for my own personal with no annoyance attended too anyone. Anyway security told me to stop and I did and I apologised to them (still rude too me). Got a few sneaky pics and vids tho lol. Stupid rule imo in this day and age.

Anyway great setlist. As much as it was nice those kids were a bit overkill after a while but dont knw there story or background so wont comment anymore. They will prob get a social media and/or appear on RTE/TV3 etc

Bitter tired middle aged bastard post dont mind me lol. Great night

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,128 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Played Rockin in the free world after that.

adrian522 wrote: »
    Played Rockin in the free world after that.

Would have liked to have caught that., but would also like to be at home in the cot by 3am.

Savage night though, well worth the pilgrimage.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Dutchy wrote: »
    During the old triangle what was the quip Eddie made about the Who? Assume it was in relation to the UK gig but didn't catch it

Great gig. Very strong finish.

He'd a bunch of alternate lyrics written out for the verses. That particular one was along the lines of, "We've one more show to do, in Wembley with The Who."

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭Carrie6OD

I didn’t think he could top two years ago but for me that was even better.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,074 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Very good gig. Crowd wasn't as good as last time. More people walking in and out the while time (guy beside me got up 6 times to bar and toilet) and more a**hats filming. Very distracting to others and rude to performer and others. Especially since the was a huge f***ING sign up for 20 mind saying don't.

For Christ sake, WATCH THE SHOW and don't save it to the tinny speaker on your phone.

Seemed to be a full house bar one or two. Those kids shouldn't be let near a microphone again though 😄

8.t it of 10 (as opposed to 10 out of 10 last time) mainly due to slightly less attentive audience

While I agree that Hansard is getting mouthier I thought he had much more energy this time than last. Especially during his own set.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

Anyone going to fibbers?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Although I didnt like being belittled for recording for my own personal with no annoyance attended too anyone. Anyway security told me to stop and I did and I apologised to them (still rude too me). Got a few sneaky pics and vids tho lol. Stupid rule imo in this day and age.

Clearly you did annoy people though.
    Why is it a stupid rule? Morons with phones ruin gigs.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,402 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Effects wrote: »
    Clearly you did annoy people though.
    Why is it a stupid rule? Morons with phones ruin gigs.

The way they talked to me annoyed me and I wasn't blocking there view . Annoying but it happend.

I suffer from metal health issues so someting like that would unsettle me a bit esp been on my own

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

Class gig. I’ll not hear a bad word said about those 2 kids... Legends!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Two absolute bellends sat right beside us in the flat seating and did not stop talking for the entire gig. They were locked and kept roaring over and over (in I think Cavan accents) 'Play Jeremy!' and 'Go on Eddie ya pup!'. Utter saps.

Despite that, great gig... Black, Porch and Better Man the highlights for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Just in the door after a semi comatosed bus journey but what a fabulous gig,first time seeing Eddie Vedder live and to say If i was hugely impressed is an understatement,.the energy ,the voice and of course the songs just topped it all.

Loved the string section as well and their intro of some Pearl Jam songs,gave a nice feel to the gig, however what did p*ss me off ,as to what was already mentioned,was the amount of people,just getting up and heading in their droves on so many ocassions

This was particularly evident during , the Tom Petty tribute song that Eddie was singing,i think even Eddie at one stage,when I noticed on the big screen,his face sort of frowned for a second,when he saw the mass number of people ,just upping out of their seats,it is a head wrecker to say the least.

Oh yeah,just also want to mention,there was a “young couple” in front of me (guy had the most ridiculous Tintin type of haircut on him)beside the incessant natter that was going on during the gig,the pair of them couldn’t help but practically wear the face off each other during the show.

Here’s a tip,go to the back seat of the cinema for that ya pair of sh*ites, sorry for the rant ,anyway other than that,class show,Eddie rules and Pearl Jam for Slane 2020!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

I had quite a few of the distractions that some of ye mentioned BUT just focussed on that stage and witnessed one of the best gigs ive ever seen in my life..It was Sensational and ill never forget it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭Penfailed

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Although I didnt like being belittled by some superfan dickheads for recording for my own personal with no annoyance attended too anyone. Anyway security told me to stop and I did and I apologised to them (still rude too me). Got a few sneaky pics and vids tho lol. Stupid rule imo in this day and age.

The rules are there for a reason. That reason is that it's really annoying/distracting for those around you.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

skerry wrote: »

He played Hard Sun after, left the stage for a few minutes came back and said "**** it, you deserve it" and launched into Rockin in the Free World. They wrapped up just before 11.30pm.

Incredible gig, first time seeing Eddie and I was blown away!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,424 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Penfailed wrote: »
    The rules are there for a reason. That reason is that it's really annoying/distracting for those around you.

Not to mention it is private property, and people have a right to not be filmed/photographed if they don't want to be. That's before the copyright stuff, even if it is personal use...

Neutral Milk Hotel at vicar street was the best policed for it. Except one guy with a dslr and security had a game of cat and mouse

Anyway, until you stop doing it, I don't think people realise just how bloody distracting it is

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

"**** it, you deserve it"

What we deserve is a pearl jam gig eddie! Come on get the finger out.

Glad you all enjoyed it.sounds amazing.

Advertisement