Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eddie Vedder

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

Burty330 wrote: »
    Hansard is hardly a supporting act. He's a big enough name to headline his own show at the Marquee.
    Ive seen Meatloaf , Morrissey , Nick Cave and Simply Red at the Marquee. None of those gigs had any warm up act and the tickets were all reasonably priced.
    Do you really believe the cost would still be 100 quid if Eddie was there alone?

The other support mentioned was going to be another act ed has previously had on support for tours. And yes it was still going to be €100.

Ed had glen on his last four tours and tickets were in the €50 region. About £60 in the U.K.
    Glen or any support act has no bearing whatsoever on the final price.

To be completely cold you're paying for Vedder and his family to have a European vacation.
    He has an entire week off after cork before the tour resumes. He's probably flying private jet as Pj do when they're in Europe and staying in the best of places, usually the merrion when in Dublin. All that said and I can tell you it's still worth every cent seeing them together. They're absolutely brilliant. That's why he consistently chooses the guy as his support.

Add that up. Support act doesn't really come into it. Support acts usually don't even get paid outside of travel and accommodation expenses.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

Being offered Block B Row E seats in the Marquee, anyone know if these would be good seats, looks a bit to the side from looking at pic on previous page.

Would generally go standing but seems like a sitty down type of gig

skerry wrote: »
    Being offered Block B Row E seats in the Marquee, anyone know if these would be good seats, looks a bit to the side from looking at pic on previous page.

Would generally go standing but seems like a sitty down type of gig

Has the marquee ever been seated?

Can't imagine this type of gig having a GA standing section. It just isn't that kind of gig.

david75 wrote: »

Can't imagine this type of gig having a GA standing section. It just isn't that kind of gig.

I've never been in the Marquee so no clue on layout except for pic on last page. Picked seating tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭Burty330

The other support mentioned was going to be another act ed has previously had on support for tours. And yes it was still going to be €100.

Ed had glen on his last four tours and tickets were in the €50 region. About £60 in the U.K.
    Glen or any support act has no bearing whatsoever on the final price.

To be completely cold you're paying for Vedder and his family to have a European vacation.
    He has an entire week off after cork before the tour resumes. He's probably flying private jet as Pj do when they're in Europe and staying in the best of places, usually the merrion when in Dublin. All that said and I can tell you it's still worth every cent seeing them together. They're absolutely brilliant. That's why he consistently chooses the guy as his support.

Add that up. Support act doesn't really come into it. Support acts usually don't even get paid outside of travel and accommodation expenses.
    Thats all well and good but its cost me less in the past to see Pearl Jam. And im hard pressed to convince people to come given the pricing hence my bitterness.

Festival headliners Elbow minus any support is 60 both standing and seating. Imo they are worth more than a Vedder solo performance.

Elton John who is music royalty and backed with a full band is 85. You would expect to pay that to see John and its still less than Vedder.

Eddie on his own is worth no more than £50 , but we have Hansard on the bill which has hiked it up to over 100. You can't convince me that Hansards inclusion has had no effect on the pricing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,771 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Surely it was for standup shows.

Burty330 wrote: »
    Thats all well and good but its cost me less in the past to see Pearl Jam. And im hard pressed to convince people to come given the pricing hence my bitterness.

Festival headliners Elbow minus any support is 60 both standing and seating. Imo they are worth more than a Vedder solo performance.

Elton John who is music royalty and backed with a full band is 85. You would expect to pay that to see John and its still less than Vedder.

Eddie on his own is worth no more than £50

I totally agree with you. And a great great many do and are letting pearl jam know via mailing ten club. Mail them and tell them they're taking the piss and it's an unreasonable price.
    Info@tenclub.com

Mailing them might change matters. Complaining about it here really won't though.

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭Burty330

The whole standing area was seated when i saw Nick Cave solo. But that was 11 years ago.

The why aren't we all outraged about TM selling tickets through seatwave and viagogo for €350 a pair (so far).

That's FAR more worthy of complaint and a scandal that really does need to be stopped.

TM scalping their own tickets through one of their subsidiary companies.

They've legislated against it in the US. Why not here?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,458 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Is the best way to book just sit by a PC at 9am tomorrow or what? I'm fairly clueless when it comes to booking convert tickets.

• Advertisement

Went for the Block B Row E tickets I was offered on the presale. Seem like good enough seats from the picture on last page.

€205 for 2 tickets is eye wateringly expensive but gonna suck it up cos I'm sure it will be a great gig and the missus' birthday present sorted now too.

Missed out of Radiohead tickets earlier this year so good to have a respectable gig to go for.

Couldn't handle the stress of tickermaster at 9 tomorrow in work so cheers to whoever posted the presale link.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭danoriordan1402

skerry wrote: »
    I've never been in the Marquee so no clue on layout except for pic on last page. Picked seating tickets.

That pic isnt the Marquee layout, its the o2 isnt it? - been to the Marquee couple of times and it was standing in the middle with tiered seating 3 sides.

Anyone have an idea of the way the seating chart will be for cork?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

The why aren't we all outraged about TM selling tickets through seatwave and viagogo for €350 a pair (so far).

That's FAR more worthy of complaint and a scandal that really does need to be stopped.

TM scalping their own tickets through one of their subsidiary companies.

They've legislated against it in the US. Why not here?

Anyone could be selling those tickets through Seatwave ,its not necessarily TM themselves,you do realise that ?

There are 6 tickets on Seatwave at ridiculous prices,none have sold yet and nobody will pay those absurd prices.

The touts wont make much money on Eddies gigs ,not when the tickets are 100 euro face value,sadly Eddie seems to be the biggest tout now.

That pic isnt the Marquee layout, its the o2 isnt it? - been to the Marquee couple of times and it was standing in the middle with tiered seating 3 sides.

Anyone have an idea of the way the seating chart will be for cork?

Just copped that now, herself found a pic on Facebook of Marquee there and Row B seem to be back from the standing area facing the stage so happy enough with that.

Seen his solo sets on videos before and for me it wouldn't be a standing up rocking out kind of set.

Zardoz wrote: »
    Anyone could be selling those tickets through Seatwave ,its not necessarily TM themselves,you do realise that ?

There are 6 tickets on Seatwave at ridiculous prices,none have sold yet and nobody will pay those absurd prices.

The touts wont make much money on Eddies gigs ,not when the tickets are 100 euro face value,sadly Eddie seems to be the biggest tout now.

Again you have to realise it's the promoter sets the price point. Not the artist.

Neil young did three gigs in vicar st in 2003.

€105 a ticket before charges. That was unheard of. But it was Aiken setting the price for that gig in that small venue.

Artist has a set fee. Promoters take that and wrangle it to fit their market and apply a profitable mark up.

The artist rarely even knows what that price point is as it's different in Ireland than it is in England or Germany and so on. Cos it's different promoters in each country each knowing their market and what their economic ability is within that market.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,402 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Again you have to realise it's the promoter sets the price point. Not the artist.

Neil young did three gigs in vicar st in 2003.

€105 a ticket before charges. That was unheard of. But it was Aiken setting the price for that gig in that small venue.

Artist has a set fee. Promoters take that and wrangle it to fit their market and apply a profitable mark up.

The artist rarely even knows what that price point is as it's different in Ireland than it is in England or Germany and so on. Cos it's different promoters in each country each knowing their market and what their economic ability is within that market.

Its more the Artists management than the artist themselves setting there fee but i imagine they have there say too

does it go like this ???
    Stage 1 Artist (eg Eddie Vedder, Bruce Springsteen etc)- Stage 2 Artist Management- Stage 3 Promoters

I wonder do the bands playing actually know/want to play in the cities they get announced for or they get a list by management and say 'ok guys youre going on tour too Europe this summer and these are places that are going to be booked, how much will u settle for ???'

• Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

"Searching....sit tight...", jesus i hate this s*ite from ticketmaster

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Had two tickets. Clicked buy and got an error, **** sake ticketmaster!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Woolygloves

Yeah I'm feeling pretty good about my not great seats from presale. Came on at 9 to try again and it's not giving me anything. How does anyone get on earlier than 9!!!

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Its more the Artists management than the artist themselves setting there fee but i imagine they have there say too

does it go like this ???
    Stage 1 Artist (eg Eddie Vedder, Bruce Springsteen etc)- Stage 2 Artist Management- Stage 3 Promoters

I wonder do the bands playing actually know/want to play in the cities they get announced for or they get a list by management and say 'ok guys youre going on tour too Europe this summer and these are places that are going to be booked, how much will u settle for ???'

Haha. If only. Different promoters in different countries so the acts manager has to do however many negotiations with however many countries/ cities they're going to.

Ed is dealing with two in Ireland alone. MCD and Aiken. He's never nor have pj ever played for Aiken before. (Not counting playing with Neil young on the mirrorball tour in 95).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

"Searching....sit tight...", jesus i hate this s*ite from ticketmaster
    What the F? How long are we supposed to let this run?

It's a joke. What else are we meant to do if the service you pay such ridiculous fees for doesn't even work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Double C

Stuck on the "I am not a robot" page, nothing happening when I click Continue... worst website ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Woolygloves

ionapaul wrote: »
    What the F? How long are we supposed to let this run?

Keep trying, that's how I got mine yesterday. Some tickets will never get through the checkout process

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭billius

Had two tickets. Clicked buy and got an error, **** sake ticketmaster!:mad:

Very same happened to me - and they were great seats, right in front of the stage!! :mad:

billius wrote: »
    Very same happened to me - and they were great seats, right in front of the stage!! :mad:

Yeah same.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,616 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

I guess presale bought up all the €61 tickets. None available immediately on selection this morning.

Waited in q for 4 minutes for €90 and sold out.

So disappointing

• Registered Users Posts: 2 j03ymag

anyone manage to get any in cork yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 RazorT

Searching...sight tight. Seriously there is no way this sold out in minutes at those prices.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

shítshow

Advertisement