Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Effective Charitable Fundraising Activities

Options
  • 21-02-2017 2:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭

On your travels have you seen charitable fundraising activities in other countries that were fun/interesting and successful that could be implemented in Ireland?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

I suppose people could throw a bucket of ice cold water over them.... in aid of some horrible disease...

Just a thought.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

Prostitution.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Depends on the time of year, World Cup and Grand National Busters can be a good source.
    In work they've made a fantasy football league and the update was huge, £5 in, 3 for charity, 2 to the pot, with the company matching the whole amount and also saying they'll throw more prizes into the pool at the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Race night in a pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Division wrote: »
    On your travels have you seen charitable fundraising activities in other countries that were fun/interesting and successful that could be implemented in Ireland?
    You mean, for your particular charity activity?

My favourite was "Drinking against racism", great night altogether.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Your Face wrote: »
    Prostitution.

Gang bang night

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

biko wrote: »
    You mean, for your particular charity activity?

My favourite was "Drinking against racism", great night altogether.

When the wider alcoholic family pulls together - they really have the power to do such good.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Race night in a pub.
    We only have a chinese family in my town, would that be enough for a race night? I think there's a black family in the next town over.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,383 ✭✭✭corner of hells

ScumLord wrote: »
    Race night in a pub.
    We only have a chinese family in my town, would that be enough for a race night? I think there's a black family in the next town over.

A black family you say ?
    The family beside me are Brown.
    It's Frank and Doris Brown if I remember correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,400 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

ScumLord wrote: »

ONe family in the whole village and they're from China? Do you live in China?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement
Advertisement