Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DeWalt

Options
  • 21-02-2017 3:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭

A friend is bringing home a DeWalt cordless drill from USA. Am I right in thinking that the standard battery charger that comes with the drill is universal voltage i.e. that it can be plugged into either 110v socket (USA) or 220v here ?
    Thanks,

M.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,595 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

monseiur wrote: »
    A friend is bringing home a DeWalt cordless drill from USA. Am I right in thinking that the standard battery charger that comes with the drill is universal voltage i.e. that it can be plugged into either 110v socket (USA) or 220v here ?
    Thanks,

M.

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭studdlymurphy

Some do some don't. Would need to read the serial plate

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭ptogher14

Some will take either voltage at 50 or 60 hz. I've seen others that don't. As above it will have a plate with the information on it

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

It'll state on the charger. My 18V DeWalt only accepts 230V.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭monseiur

Thanks guys, greatly appreciated
    M.

• Advertisement
Advertisement