Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maynooth train station

Options
  • 21-02-2017 3:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

Hi can anyone advise what parking is like at the train station. I understand the actual car park fills up from early but the car park down Leinster street does this always fill up? Is any other alternative parking for station in the town.
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭eve

I walk through the carpark at 7:45am and several days a week the last 10 spaces are being filled as I come through. (I mean the places on the approach to Bond Bridge, not the marked out spaces). If you get in before that time then you would get a space

The private car park on Leinster Street is busy but it may not fill completely - not sure about this as i wouldn't come this way during the day to see it. It is more expensive than the station.

Parking spaces for all day parking are poor in the town. Any spaces that are there are expensive for all day/week parking.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

Here's a link to an earlier thread on the parking at Maynooth train station if that helps.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057658323

• Registered Users Posts: 5,326 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Re Leinster Street, noticed today that the private car park has gone up to EUR 7 per day. Car park across the road still EUR 5 as far as I know but was EUR 6.40 on the app. Plenty of spaces in both just before 8 this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭youngblood

Parking still bad at maynooth? Commuting here again in Oct so any info appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 68,890 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Worse than ever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭tnegun

Sorry to drag up an old thread. I used the private car park this am in Leinster street and paid €7 had max €7 per day on the sign however the ticket had an expiry of 12:30 today. Anyone know if this is the norm?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,890 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Last time I used that carpark, and it was vastly cheaper, the all day ticket put the same time the next day on it. Prepare for an argument with the clampers when you get back...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭tnegun

The OH was in the town earlier and she couldn't figure it out so brought it home will have a look again this evening but there was a 24 hour option too so it was confusing how the all day operated. I looked at the other cars parked there to try figure it out but they all had staff badges.

Advertisement