Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rubbish on private property

• 21-02-2017 3:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Looking a buying a house. We are interested in a country property and have looked at a few. There's one we like with an old boarded up cottage on the land. While it looks good from the outside the inside of this old cottage is full of old furniture and possessions from the current owners. It's anything from old carpets to boxes of ornaments just thrown in and dumped there.

My question is should I ask them to clean this out before making an offer?

Is it just plain dumping?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Looking a buying a house. We are interested in a country property and have looked at a few. There's one we like with an old boarded up cottage on the land. While it looks good from the outside the inside of this old cottage is full of old furniture and possessions from the current owners. It's anything from old carpets to boxes of ornaments just thrown in and dumped there.

My question is should I ask them to clean this out before making an offer?

Is it just plain dumping?
    Sounds more like storage on their own property at the moment. That said you can ask for them to get a skip and dispose of the furniture on the property. Or just reduce the offer by an amount to cover the difficult that you would face getting it cleared out.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Guillelligan

Sounds more like storage on their own property at the moment. That said you can ask for them to get a skip and dispose of the furniture on the property. Or just reduce the offer by an amount to cover the difficult that you would face getting it cleared out.

Thanks for the advice. I wouldn't classify this as storage. This stuff is dumped and rotting in a big heap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 304 ✭✭coffeyt

Not sure about it impacting on the offer but when we purchased the property there was quite a lot of stuff in the garden before closing. We were advised by the estate agent that if anything was left we were entitled to get a skip at the seller's expense. We ended up needing a small skip and in fairness when we contacted the estate agent he organised it for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

In my rental there is an old ruined house similarly used. Seems common here. .

Advertisement