Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Phone Setting for Mobile Signal

• 21-02-2017 4:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭

I have an Android phone and I do not have mobile data switched on (I use wi-fi for all my data requirements), so all I use my phone for is calls and texts.

When I look at my network settings on my phone, I see a section called "Network Mode". I have 4 options:-

LTE/WCDMA/GSM (auto connect)
    WCDMA/GSM (auto connect)
    WCDMA only
    GSM only

Which one should be selected?

I'm having terrible trouble with signal (little or none) at my house.

T

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Who are you with?

Some networks still have a 2G footprint that should be very very reliable now. Others (Three and derivatives) have no real 2G. For those you can lock it to WCDMA only and your phone wont hop on 4G.

But really the auto mode usually prioritizes RSSI over speed anyways so you're probably getting as good as it gets right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭pinkfloydian

Thanks ED E

I'm with Three.

T

Advertisement