Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sub 16 or bust!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Sacksian

I read about this on letsrun - I would be very surprised if he doesn't do this quite easily once he starts shifting the excess weight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭El Caballo

He ran 24 minutes for a parkrun PB last year which kind of stands out on his power of 10 profile for some reason:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Ballooned to 14 stone 11, ffs that's my fighting weight!

TbL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

Ballooned to 14 stone 11, ffs that's my fighting weight!

TbL

Ah I see you've moved up to Super-Heavyweight!!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Lougheee

I love this. His friends are doing him such a favour. I think he'll do it as long as he steers clear of injury. A bet is a great way to lose weight, especially for men. It's a competitive thing, "I'll show them" mentality.

Two lads I was in school with, one was working in China, the other was at home in Dublin. The lad in Dublin had put on a LOT of weight in college. So his buddy in China bet him he couldn't lose 2 stone in a certain amount of time, can't remember how long it was. He offered to pay for the flights over to China to visit if he succeeded to lose the 2 stone. He lost the weight and hasn't looked back, and it set him on his way to taking care of himself a bit better. Not sure if there was a tattoo forfeit involved but all a man needs is the necessary motivation, a trip to China in this instance!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Ed Mc Groarty

Pizzas his downfall, so his mates have taken turns ordering pizza deliveries to his house 😆

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

Pizzas his downfall, so his mates have taken turns ordering pizza deliveries to his house 😆

Are friends still friends when they are complete arseholes? Either way,he should pick better friends.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,540 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Are friends still friends when they are complete arseholes? Either way,he should pick better friends.
    That's your Australian sense of humour letting you down right there.. Sounds like it's all in jest. The whole thing is just a group of muppets having a bit of fun.

That's your Australian sense of humour letting you down right there.. Sounds like it's all in jest. The whole thing is just a group of muppets having a bit of fun.

That's the kangaroos talking.

Is it still funny when he develops heart problems due to his **** diet?

That's the kangaroos talking.

Jazus I wouldn't want to go to one of those "all you can eat" restaurants with you :)

TbL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Ed Mc Groarty

Jazus I wouldn't want to go to one of those "all you can eat" restaurants with you :)

TbL

We'd all lose out if we went with you😉

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,540 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

I just don't see it as a big problem for him. I'm 11.5 stone and 13 years north of his age, and can run a sub-16 relatively comfortably. As long as he can shed a couple of stone this year, with his pedigree, he'll have no problems at all.

Used to be another poster around these parts (MyFlipFlops), who started from a similar position (240lbs, but bigger build), who ran pretty competitively as a youngster, gave it up for a long time and his progress as he took his training more seriously was scary (down to a 2:48 marathon, before he stopped logging). Admittedly it took him a couple of years, but he wasn't a former professional athlete, hadn't retired just over 4 years from athletics and was carrying a lot more weight.

TbL

I don't go there any more after they threw me out when I went there after a 20 mile training run before breakfast

We'd all lose out if we went with you😉

Nah, you'd have free reign at the salad bar Ed :)

TbL

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭youngrun

Should be no problem for this guy, with that kind of background . A decent junior/someone who ran in early senior years has what it takes in my view and can always get back to a very good club runner level, our club is always trying to get the athletes who left at 16-18 to come back in mid 20s when they can still really improve and have the pace . Its something AI and clubs should really focus on, ok better to not lose them in the teen years , but its going to happen, so why not try and re- recruit when lives are a bit more settled .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭El Caballo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,395 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

What weight did he drop back to?

Advertisement