Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

prepaid credit card rip off

• 21-02-2017 6:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

3 moneycard withheld a payment six or seven weeks after i paid for motor insurance forcing me to pay again under threat of cancellation of insurance i am now going through the motions of complaint which has to be done through uk as they are not an irish entity.go figure:mad:case resolved

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,375 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

Your post doesn't say why they held payment, no offence but for all we know it's your fault not theirs? And what's the rip off?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 shannymull

as a result of this thread i have been fully reimbursed there are some questions that need answering though and until these are answered i wont make anymore comments but will keep this thread open and believe me the fault was not mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Berberis

Janey Boards.ie sure has some power.
    You post a cryptic thread at 17:25pm
    and 1 hour 4 minutes later this problem is resolved. :):)

i topped up my wifes 3card to pay for motor insurance,received the voucher texted the number on voucher to activate it,rang insurance
    co.paid them received my cert and disc 2 days later,two months later received letter from insurance saying 3 stopped the payment,dont know why ,but got it back after a hard battle

in the meantime i had to pay the insurance again under threat of cancellation,was given the runaround from 3 stating they did not stop the payment,but the lady that reinstated the money had no problem saying the money was with them the whole time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭fineso.mom

shannymull wrote: »
    in the meantime i had to pay the insurance again under threat of cancellation,was given the runaround from 3 stating they did not stop the payment,but the lady that reinstated the money had no problem saying the money was with them the whole time

So, not really a rip off then?

well considering they had no valid reason to stop the payment,and assuring me one hundred per cent which i have in writing that the payment was not stopped and then to be told they had the money the whole time,what would you call it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Get Revolut.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

well considering they had no valid reason to stop the payment,and assuring me one hundred per cent which i have in writing that the payment was not stopped and then to be told they had the money the whole time,what would you call it?

Bad customer service

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

Theft

• Advertisement
Advertisement