Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HELP.... HAIR DISASTER

Options
  • 21-02-2017 7:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Okay so my boyfriends sister decided to do my hair for me.... Shé bleached it.... More than once and left it way too long... And Yeah I know this is my fault, I'm a complete idiot :( but now my hair is completely overprocessed and fried, it's breaking at the ends but not the roots thank God.... Im Just wondering if I get a pixie cut and start again will this work?? My hair is just above my shoulder right now... I really don't want to have to shave my head.... Would a pixie cut and lots of treatments and love help things or am I gonna have to buzz it all off?? The thought of doing that terrifies me :( it's my hair :( and before anyone says it yes I know I should have went to a hairdressers :( you live you learn, trust me this will never happen again,
    If anyone could help I would be grateful, tia

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

emmya23 wrote: »
    Okay so my boyfriends sister decided to do my hair for me.... Shé bleached it.... More than once and left it way too long... And Yeah I know this is my fault, I'm a complete idiot :( but now my hair is completely overprocessed and fried, it's breaking at the ends but not the roots thank God.... Im Just wondering if I get a pixie cut and start again will this work?? My hair is just above my shoulder right now... I really don't want to have to shave my head.... Would a pixie cut and lots of treatments and love help things or am I gonna have to buzz it all off?? The thought of doing that terrifies me :( it's my hair :( and before anyone says it yes I know I should have went to a hairdressers :( you live you learn, trust me this will never happen again,
    If anyone could help I would be grateful, tia

Go to a hairdressers that offers Olaplex treatments which should help with the damage. The hairdresser will also be able to advise you on what products will help. I like a redken treatment in a blue bottle but I can't remember the name or Philips Kingsley elasticizer. It may also need a moisturising treatment as well as a repairing treatment but a professional can advise when they see your hair. You might get away with not having to have a drastic cut. It goes without saying but avoid using straighteners and let your hair air dry.

Edited to add that leaving coconut oil over night before showering the next day was another life saver in my platinum days. You can get it in Aldi for like €4 a jar.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 emmya23

Scraggs wrote: »
    Go to a hairdressers that offers Olaplex treatments which should help with the damage. The hairdresser will also be able to advise you on what products will help. I like a redken treatment in a blue bottle but I can't remember the name or Philips Kingsley elasticizer. It may also need a moisturising treatment as well as a repairing treatment but a professional can advise when they see your hair. You might get away with not having to have a drastic cut. It goes without saying but avoid using straighteners and let your hair air dry.

Edited to add that leaving coconut oil over night before showering the next day was another life saver in my platinum days. You can get it in Aldi for like €4 a jar.

Thanks so much.... Going to the hairdressers tomorrow :( I'm just terrified that nothing can be done, I really don't mind getting the chop but I have these visions of it all having to go :( I have been using coconut oil and hair masks to help.... It's just ruined :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

You can get the olaplex treatment put into your hair
    I had a bleach disaster a year and a half ago
    I found the Bain therapie shampoo and mask from kerastase amazing initially and when it wasn't as bad the Philip Kingsley elastizer was fab.

I'd put it in overnight into dry hair wrap it to keep it warm and wash it out the next day.

My hair was still in bits but it saved me chopping it all off

• Registered Users Posts: 10 emmya23

You can get the olaplex treatment put into your hair
    I had a bleach disaster a year and a half ago
    I found the Bain therapie shampoo and mask from kerastase amazing initially and when it wasn't as bad the Philip Kingsley elastizer was fab.

I'd put it in overnight into dry hair wrap it to keep it warm and wash it out the next day.

My hair was still in bits but it saved me chopping it all off

Thank you :) yeah I got hold of a good hairdressers and I have to go in Friday and she said she's gonna treat it for me.... Possibly chop it quite a bit.... And give me products that will help.... I Actually cried last night, it's so bad :( I just want to save as much as I can.... Lesson Well learned I can safely say that

Advertisement