Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How to sell my GS450H

• 21-02-2017 8:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭

Folks

I have a 2006 GS450h Lexus Dublin 2006 reg . Ive got a later one identified in London to get so I want to sell mine jere .

It's the SE-L with all the extras and bits, adaptive cruise, 300bhp but 195000 km on it as its served very well over the years.

What's the easiest way to get a quick sale and any advice as to price ? Is there any webuyanycar type stuff here that isn't chancer mcchancerville ?

Thanks in advance

T.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

ill give you 50 quid for it :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Nope they are gonna seriously give you SFA for that type of car. It will be a difficult car to sell due to age insurance and tax. Take a look and see what they are asking. Then the question is how quick you want rid of it in relation to what you'd be happy to let it go for. What price had you got in mind?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

You can post it here if you like
    The easiest way to sell is to be the cheapest car of that model on adverts, donedeal and carzone sites

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,140 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Paging truckermal, paging truckermal, your presence is required!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,499 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Does it have the Mark Levinson radio?

That's all we want to know.

Sadly it will be a hard sell in Ireland. Any garage/trader who will buy it for cash will want it for such a price that they can make money on it (as in they'll want it for nothing)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Truckermal

Paging truckermal, paging truckermal, your presence is required!

Lol I'm here!

OP it's a pretty sale proof car unless you sell it at a price, make sure you can get a fresh test and make sure the Hybrid batteries are not giving trouble.

What year are you buying BTW? I was looking at a 161 on Auto trader it would be a cheap car for what you get.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,338 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

If you could sell it up North you might get a few quid back in VRT.

bazz26 wrote: »
    If you could sell it up North you might get a few quid back in VRT.

You need MPH clocks though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭Bazzy

How often can you export a car?

As many times as you want, but you'd have to pay VRT again when you import it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭Bazzy

So hypothetically speaking OP could export ten of these and get the rebate perfectly legally?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,611 ✭✭✭goochy

Lambe and o connor have 07 one low miles . Poa now so might be sold but it's been for sale for ages . Spoke to dublin taxi driver who had a pump and battery go in his with low miles and it was huge money.
    Put me off hybrids

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

Swapping clocks or not, it's worth more across the pond or across border than it is in our country.
    I'd have it If it wasn't for our ridiculous motor tax rates.

It would probably pay to trade it in against a newer model in the U.K.

Uk dealer won't take irish car as trade in . Dealer up north likely would but only one dealer there so choice won't be great. Paul tobin Ltd is normally keen on price . He would probably source a UK lexus for you

Bazzy wrote: »
    So hypothetically speaking OP could export ten of these and get the rebate perfectly legally?

Yes of course. As long as VRT was paid in full when the car was new.

goochy wrote: »
    Uk dealer won't take irish car as trade in . Dealer up north likely would but only one dealer there so choice won't be great. Paul tobin Ltd is normally keen on price . He would probably source a UK lexus for you

Yes they will. Guy I bought my 06 Volvo from had it arranged to be traded in against his new car but I bought it the day before he had arranged to go over. Cars like that are still somewhat in the demand in the U.K. as the tax doesn't kill demand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭trellheim

It is the one with Mark Levinson sound, indeed. If you know your socks with these up around this mileage the fun stuff was sourcing the correct headlamp bulb replacements on Amazon for 50 euro instead of the 600 the main dealer was looking for ; engine and power train, including the hybrid, are spot on. NCT every year with no worries.

other stuff on board 18 inch alloys, hot and cold air on your bum, wooden steering wheel, DVD player, rear retract sun blind, rain sensing wipers, keyless entry and start

PS thank you all for the responses.

Nah most UK dealers would have no interest in Irish car unless it was uk originally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

How often can you export a car?

There are catches to it though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

There was a trend a few years ago, when we entered the doldrums post-2008 of exporting some of the higher end vehicles that had been imported and claiming the VRT rebate. Done right, people made a decent amount of money on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭dashoonage

ill offer 51 euro just in case it comes to it. If youre not in you cant win hai lad...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,881 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

trellheim wrote: »
    NCT every year with no worries.

So it has a long NCT? Why don't you stick it up on donedeal, link back here and we'll comment on it. Best of luck selling it. Not easy to sell (quickly) and still get half decent money.

thank you for the advice. It does not have a long NCT but I will stick it in for an advance one if that makes a difference. It has sailed through every time with no worries.

Advance one giving you a fresh NCT valid longer than a year will give the buyer some confidence. Well worth the €55 in your case imho. GLWS and keep us posted.

How much are you hoping to get?

He's biting ^^^ :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,311 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

There's one 2006 GS450H on autotrader.ie, eight on autotrader.co.uk

Also, on autotrader.co.uk, the 2007 version is cheaper.

unkel wrote: »
    He's biting ^^^ :D

Let me just reach for my empty wallet! I would buy one but my own GS would have to sell first plus I would be very reluctant to sell it as it's tight as a nut! Wife got a 171 A6 today and it's not as comfy to drive..

• Advertisement

Wife buying brand new Audi every year :eek:

Wife buying brand new Audi every year :eek:

Better than the taxman getting it.

Better than the taxman getting it.

The taxman is getting plenty (VAT / VRT) from people buying new cars, unless the new car is an EV :p

The taxman is getting plenty (VAT / VRT) from people buying new cars, unless the new car is an EV :p

True but if one is self employed like I suspect mal is, it can be an efficient way of spending money.

I know that if I was self employed and doing well the better half would be in a new car always. Me, I wouldn't care but I'd want her in something nice. You have to have some goals to keep the hunger going.

True but if one is self employed like I suspect mal is, it can be an efficient way of spending money.

I know that if I was self employed and doing well the better half would be in a new car always...................

30% BIK per annum for low business mile users, no to little Capital Allowance.
    There's a reason lots of self employed folk drive vans & 2 seater SUVs, 5% BIK is the reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,863 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

if you havent bought the other one yet, Id consider keeping it. Many people I knew, would never have changed car, if they hadnt have bought the new one first , before realising they were going to have to give away a beautiful car for nothing...

• Advertisement

Augeo wrote: »
    30% BIK per annum for low business mile users, no to little Capital Allowance.
    There's a reason lots of self employed folk drive vans & 2 seater SUVs, 5% BIK is the reason.

Buy the car yourself and claim back the mileage I believe is a better way of doing it.

Buy the car yourself and claim back the mileage I believe is a better way of doing it.

If not doing much business miles it's most certainly better than your earlier comment.

€3802 for the first 6,437 business kms claimed.

6,437 business kms aren't easy to come by for low business mileage folk of course.

And if you paid yourself the €3802 you'd get half of it after tax anyway.

Wow Wow Wow a minute!:D

I didn't say we bought it but it's a big step up from the A4 and no I don't work for myself, I did but that went tits up a few years ago! I would like a new GS though if I definitely was changing up!

There's one 2006 GS450H on autotrader.ie, eight on autotrader.co.uk

Also, on autotrader.co.uk, the 2007 version is cheaper.
    they come in two major trim levels, SE vs SE-L and then you could buy bits on top of that; they descoped it a little in later years ( post 2008 I think ) so options like Adaptive Cruise became paid add-ons to the base SE-L package.

Oh believe me, we know all about Lexus and the SEL spec level. In particular on the infamous IS250 SEL :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement