Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tenent not paying rent

12346»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

I'd keep doing it until a warning was issued from the guards. Some how I think once would be enough to convey the message that you are not going to allow them to getaway with it. I think one phone call announcing intentions to be a pain the ass might do wonders.

Tenants won't answer phone call or door so that's not an option for OP and not good advice. Although if I was in that situation I would be very angry about it it's just not going to help.

Putting a sign in their garden will definitely get you arrested.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,427 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

pilly wrote: »
    Tenants won't answer phone call or door so that's not an option for OP and not good advice. Although if I was in that situation I would be very angry about it it's just not going to help.

Putting a sign in their garden will definitely get you arrested.
    Its not about anger. Its business.

Be firm but fair. There will be times you'll need to put yourself in a grey area. Thats not for everyone granted.

Anyway I wish the OP best of luck in whatever they decide. If you are going legal I hope everything goes swiftly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 790 ✭✭✭rustynutz

This makes depressing reading, I didn't realise the rights tennants had in this country, it kinda makes sense why there is a housing shortage in Dublin at the moment. Fair enough there is a shortage of new houses for sale but I believe there are a lot of vacant buildings not being rented, its not hard to see why reading this.

Good luck whatever route you take OP, you should put an add on pavee point advertising space for caravans to park outside tennants house....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭emeldc

76544567 wrote: »
    I had to go the grey route recently.
    Thankfully it worked out. Going the black and white route would have me at a loss of about 20k I reckon.

I'm inclined to think a bit like you. It's not for everyone though. I wound rather take my chances and have the tenant chase me through the courts rather than have me chasing them through the courts.
    A brother in law got stung some years ago. Went the legal route with RTB. No rent for 22 months and eventually got his house back wrecked. €20k in rent and the same in damages. Luckily he had insurance for the damages. He secured a judgement against the tenant for the rent but never saw a penny. No need to ask what his solution would be to a non paying tenant today :rolleyes:

The law is stacked in favour of the tenant but I'm not suggesting the OP should do anything illegal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Thread closed due to illegal suggestions (however phrased) by a number of posters. OP please pm me or one of the other forum mods if you want to post any updates.

Mod

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement