Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lee Fields

Options
  • 21-02-2017 10:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Hey guys,

Just wondering if it would be safe to jog along Lee Fields in the morning, around 6.30 or 7 am? I know it's starting to get bright around then now, but is it a safe enough area? Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

absolutely, no problem at all. I've often been running early in the morning, never had an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

Cars being broken into in the car park is the usual problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

Yes. I've often taken a friend's dog for a run off the lead walk there at night and haven't had any issues so I can't imagine it being less safe in the early morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Sparkzy

I run there all the time. I've never had a problem, although it's mostly late in the evening when I run there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

aujopimur wrote: »

And that is not even a big problem. Been going there for years with the dog and for runs and never been vandalised.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

aujopimur wrote: »

this could be a risk which I didn't take into account because I assumed the OP would run to the Lee Fields.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,007 ✭✭✭opus

Sparkzy wrote: »
    I run there all the time. I've never had a problem, although it's mostly late in the evening when I run there

Same for me, run there at all times of the day & sometimes at night with a head torch! Pic below is just after sunrise back in Jan on the way to the weekly parkrun in Ballincollig.

ddyuyg.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭thejuggler

This is not based on recent information as I have not been there in ages but when the Kingsley was closed a few years ago there were often some unsavory individuals loitering around the area at the back of the building - this was during daylight hours. Looked like there was some dealing going on.
    This may all have changed since the hotel reopened though.

Advertisement