Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gyms

• 21-02-2017 11:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭

I wonder would anyone know where in Dublin there are the most gyms in the one area ie city centre/Ballyfermot etc?
    Would there be one particular area that would have lots of different busy gyms?
    Odd question I know but I have a friend coming to live here for the foreseeable and they are a bit of a gym buff but dont like to attend the same one regularly(I have no idea why as I have never been in a gym myself, could be just that they like a variety maybe! :o)

Thanks in advance for any help folks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Todd Gack

City centre and then sandyford area probably

Flye Fit have 7 well equipped gyms that offer roaming memberships so they could go to any of them if it's just a change of scenery your friend is after. No pool in any of them if that's important.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭kittensmittens

Todd Gack wrote: »
    City centre and then sandyford area probably

Flye Fit have 7 well equipped gyms that offer roaming memberships so they could go to any of them if it's just a change of scenery your friend is after. No pool in any of them if that's important.

Cheers for that. Pool isnt important. just had a look at flye fit.
    Would there be one particular gym that would be known as the busiest gym in Dublin? Lots of members so someone could be just "one of a crowd"?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Todd Gack

Would there be one particular gym that would be known as the busiest gym in Dublin? Lots of members so someone could be just "one of a crowd"?

Time would be the main thing on how busy they are. Weekdays from about 5 to 8 are peak and mornings next including weekends. I'd imagine this applies to most if not all of them and especially the chains like Flye and Ben Dunne.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Ben Dunne on Jervis street is absolutely packed whenever I've been there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Danye

I thought I read somewhere that Ben Dunne Carlisle is the busiest gym in the country?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

Danye wrote: »
    I thought I read somewhere that Ben Dunne Carlisle is the busiest gym in the country?

apparently so, according to their wiki article though there is no source cited for the statement

• Registered Users Posts: 5 RandyFranklin

Before joining any gym, you should get the complete details of Coach and equipment. B'coz without them you will waste your money and time as well.

Cheers,
    Randy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Beta Ray Bill

There's a good concentration of Gym's around Camden Street
    Icon
    FLYEFit
    Raw
    CrossFit
    Fit2Go
    FFS
    etc

grahambo wrote: »
    There's a good concentration of Gym's around Camden Street
    Icon
    FLYEFit
    Raw
    CrossFit
    Fit2Go
    FFS
    etc

I think Flyfit is the cheaper one among them. What you say?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Beta Ray Bill

I think Flyfit is the cheaper one among them. What you say?

Not 100% sure, but FLYEFit is the one I'm with

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭Transform

I wonder would anyone know where in Dublin there are the most gyms in the one area ie city centre/Ballyfermot etc?
    Would there be one particular area that would have lots of different busy gyms?
    Odd question I know but I have a friend coming to live here for the foreseeable and they are a bit of a gym buff but dont like to attend the same one regularly(I have no idea why as I have never been in a gym myself, could be just that they like a variety maybe! :o)

Thanks in advance for any help folks
    because one gym cant contain their supreme awesomeness!!!!

grahambo wrote: »
    Not 100% sure, but FLYEFit is the one I'm with

I am also with FlyFit

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭danmanw8

Ben Dunne on Jervis street is absolutely packed whenever I've been there.

Yes! Great gym facilities but so packed, I always have to go during peak time too (work 9-5.30) . I go to Club vitae by the Dublin docklands, it's not too busy there and staff are nice though I would slightly prefer Ben Dunne's equipment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Danye wrote: »

Old post, but: I used to go there after work, and while it was busy it was never manic, and from people's descriptions of the inner city Ben Dunnes, those sound much worse.

OP, what an odd friend you have. I wonder if he's paranoid or actually working for Mossad.

Advertisement