Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Back seat size C-Max and Scenic

• 22-02-2017 12:06am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,820 ✭✭✭

Looking for advice on which rental car to take for holidays.
    Traveling to Italy and we have 2 adults, 1 teenager and 2 kids that will be on booster seats.
    Journey is about 1 HR from airport to holiday camp and car will be used sporadically over a 2 week period.
    Choice is Ford C-Max or Renault Scenic (not grand Scenic)
    Price is about 50 more expensive for the Ford.

Question I have is rear seat size and general comfort etc. I seem to see in some articles the Scenic has 3 full size rear seats.
    Has anyone driven both that might have some info?
    I have been frantically trying to peer in windows of strangers cars to try to see if I can gauge size so some people think I am a bit weird and creepy!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

You might not get either, they usually list them as examples of the class/type/size of car you get rather than specific model. They could give you a Zafira for example depending on what is available on the day.

If you want to check these type cars out then why not visit a dealer selling examples?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,820 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

bazz26 wrote: »
    You might not get either, they usually list them as examples of the class/type/size of car you get rather than specific model. They could give you a Zafira for example depending on what is available on the day.

If you want to check these type cars out then why not visit a dealer selling examples?

I realise that I may not get either car but get a 'similar' sized car but the two rental companies I am currently looking at both specify C-Max and Scenic as the options. They don't for example just say compact MPV they are offering a CMax and Scenic.
    Visits to a dealer is difficult as none in my immediate area and it will be a few weeks before I can get to the city to view anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,115 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

there will be more space in the Scenic - it's wider. though it still doesn't have 3 full-width rear seats, the middle one is slightly narrower. We've had 2 high boosters and a low booster in the back of our Scenic without any issue. We rented a C-Max in Italy a few years back and had 3 child seats in the back (might have been one toddler seat and 2 high boosters at the time, can't exactly remember) - they fitted but it was very tight and very difficult to clip in the middle booster.

If you're using high boosters you may have to pull the seats forward slightly to make sure they don't interfere with the seatbelt pulley - each rear seat is individually adjustable in the Scenic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,820 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

loyatemu wrote: »
    there will be more space in the Scenic - it's wider. .

Thats what I had imagined - Scenic just looks wider but thats only from me viewing any out on the road in traffic!!

I think I will go ahead and try to reserve the Scenic

Advertisement