Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Account No longer Exists

• 22-02-2017 3:59am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭

I had a refund processed back to the original form of payment which is a Bank Of Ireland account, but this account no longer exits as I switched. How do I recover these funds???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

pajopearl wrote: »
    I had a refund processed back to the original form of payment which is a Bank Of Ireland account, but this account no longer exits as I switched. How do I recover these funds???
    Hi pajopearl,

Thank you for contacting us on Boards.

This payment would return to the retailer if your Bank of Ireland account is now closed. We would suggest you contact the retailer directly to request that they send the refund to your new account.

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Engine No.9

Please do a search for transaction #[font=Arial, sans-serif]74313307040000383806534. This is the refund transaction number.[/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]The vendor has advised that they will reimburse me to an alternative method of payment but require confirmation from you on headed paper that you have not received the funds. Please advise how to proceed!?[/font]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

pajopearl wrote: »
    Please do a search for transaction #[font=Arial, sans-serif]74313307040000383806534. This is the refund transaction number.[/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]The vendor has advised that they will reimburse me to an alternative method of payment but require confirmation from you on headed paper that you have not received the funds. Please advise how to proceed!?[/font]
    Hi pajopearl, 

Usually the retailer can check this with their merchant services provider to confirm that the payment has not reached your closed account and also when the payment returns to them (as a result of sending it to a closed account). We would advise you to check with them whether the payment has since been returned to their account. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Engine No.9

I spoke with the retailer. They've advised that they do not have the payment. How can I get confirmation from you that you don't have it so that I can get them to process the refund elsewhere?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Hi pajopearl,

Thanks for coming back to us here.

If you can send me a Private Message with your full name and the branch where the Bank of Ireland account was opened, I'll be happy to have this investigated for you.

Thanks and looking forward to hearing from you.

Elaine

• Advertisement
Advertisement