Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deleted pics on SD card

Options
  • 22-02-2017 4:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi. I have a samsung galaxy j5. I had a memory card with important pictures on it. But somehow they got deleted - dont have a clue how it wasnt me - they just wiped. Do you know if i can get them recovered at a phone repair shop? Any help would be really apprexiated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

You can get software that can recover photos, as long as you haven't used the card (written to) since.

Download something like RescuePro or similar and give it a try. Many of these applications have a cost, but it depends on how much the photos are worth to you.

A phone shop will only be doing this themselves anyway.

You need to run the software on PC or Mac, having the SD card connected to the computer as a drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Blob37

Blob37 wrote: »
    Hi. I have a samsung galaxy j5. I had a memory card with important pictures on it. But somehow they got deleted - dont have a clue how it wasnt me - they just wiped. Do you know if i can get them recovered at a phone repair shop? Any help would be really apprexiated.

Thanks a milion. So how exactly do i connect the sd card to the computer?

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Blob37 wrote: »
    Thanks a milion. So how exactly do i connect the sd card to the computer?

You can get an adapter in most of the €2 shops. A micro sd adapter, either to usb or sd card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭Wildcard7

Either you have a slot for SD cards on your computer (Notebooks tend to have them) or you'll need an adapter. Google for "micro sd adapter usb" to see what I mean. You can get them dirt cheap from chinese shops (no use for you since it's urgent), or you can find them in most places that sell micro SD cards. Sometimes you'd even get one of them when you buy an SD card.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Blob37

Thanks so much everyone ðŸ˜

• Advertisement
Advertisement