Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Windows 7 Background Picture Shuffle

• 22-02-2017 9:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭

Hi all,

I have a minor issue that is bugging me.  I have a Laptop that is connected to 2 external Monitors so have 3 screens visible.  I am using Windows 7 64 bit.  My issue is that I am not able to have 3 different images displayed (one for each screen).  I have pictures of 6 Cars and was hoping to have one of each displayed on each screen and after the 10 minutes I have set it would shuffle to some other images of Cars I have.
    I would like to be able to achieve this without the use of any software and have the settings done correctly.  I have all 6 Cars ticked and have also tried it with 5 Cars ticked.  The image shuffles after the 10 minutes but shows the same image on all 3 Screens
    Any Idea's would be welcomed whether it is something I have missed or a change in the registry which I am comfortable doing.
    Regards,

Colm Towey

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,414 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

colmtowey wrote: »
    Hi all,

I have a minor issue that is bugging me.  I have a Laptop that is connected to 2 external Monitors so have 3 screens visible.  I am using Windows 7 64 bit.  My issue is that I am not able to have 3 different images displayed (one for each screen).  I have pictures of 6 Cars and was hoping to have one of each displayed on each screen and after the 10 minutes I have set it would shuffle to some other images of Cars I have.
    I would like to be able to achieve this without the use of any software and have the settings done correctly.  I have all 6 Cars ticked and have also tried it with 5 Cars ticked.  The image shuffles after the 10 minutes but shows the same image on all 3 Screens
    Any Idea's would be welcomed whether it is something I have missed or a change in the registry which I am comfortable doing.
    Regards,

Colm Towey

I'd doubt that you can do it with out additional software. Multi monitor support in Windows was pretty basic until Windows 10, and even there, I'm not sure that you'd be able to do what you want.

EDIT: Took a look online, and it appears Windows 10 does support what you want. See here, down the bottom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

Windows 7, you'd need to use something like Display Fusion https://www.displayfusion.com

Advertisement