Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing mobile provider

Options
  • 22-02-2017 10:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭

Hi,
    My contract is up in the next few weeks and I spoke with the upgrade team the other day and since I no longer have an Eir landline I will have to move to a more expensive call package. It will be cheaper for me to move to a different provider. How do I go about giving notice to change over? Thanks in advance,
    Poco

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Poco90 wrote: »
    Hi,
    My contract is up in the next few weeks and I spoke with the upgrade team the other day and since I no longer have an Eir landline I will have to move to a more expensive call package. It will be cheaper for me to move to a different provider. How do I go about giving notice to change over? Thanks in advance,
    Poco
    Hi Poco90,

I'm sorry to hear your thinking of leaving us. 
    Our cancellations team will be able to advise you on the cancellations process on 1901.

Thanks,
    Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭fionny

Hi,
    Poco

Once you are actually out of contract you dont actually need to give any kind of notice, you can simply choose another mobile provider and port you number once the number is ported Eir will close your account and send you a final bill by default.

That said the cancellations team might give you an incentive to stay.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Poco90

Thanks for the replies.  Just don't want to be caught without a phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Thanks for the replies.  Just don't want to be caught without a phone.
    No problem  Poco90, if you have any further queries please do let us know.

Thanks,
    Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 5 poolie

Beware of eir sales staff giving inaccurate information when cold calling. I was assured twice that I would not be liable for any termination charge by Vodafone if I changed to eir. I called Vodafone to confirm that this was correct. They told me that I would be charged 357 euros if I ended the contract now. Obviously I will not be changing. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

• Advertisement
Advertisement