Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Infraction received on Politics

Options
  • 22-02-2017 10:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭

Hi
    I received a red card for the following post

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=102679869&postcount=2952
    Originally Posted by WinnyThePoo View Post
    That's not good enough ALP. Have you ever lived there or visited?

Do you know any Swedes yourself?

Not good enough ??

Jesus what the f*ck do you want ?

I realise using bad language is a bit OTT - but it wasn't directed at him - like an insult or personal comment, it was in exasperation.

I felt the 60 mins documentary that another poster posted was a reliable source
    - but this is not to discuss the validity of that - just to illustrate why I felt frustrated to write "wtf do you want"

It would be great of this could be reversed as I am looking to get months of clean record here as down the line I would like to get access to AH back.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Have you discussed the card with the issuing mod to see if they'll reverse it for you?
    If you have I'll request a Cmod to review.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭Jan_de_Bakker

Ah sorry yes, I have sent numerous PMs to the mod, no reply.

They probably don't see it as a big deal - which under normal circumstances it isn't , but I'd like to have a clean record for my AH appeal in the coming months.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

OK will flag to the cmod team now, please have your PMs ready to forward to post here so they can run with it for you.

ok thanks, yep .. my sent box has them, i can post here if needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Hey Jan_de_Bakker,

thank you for confirming that you've already tried to resolve this with the moderator who issued the card - it means we can try to resolve this that much quicker. I'll take a look at this for you, and speak to the moderator in question. In the meantime, if you could forward me your PM's to the mod in question, I'd appreciate it.

~Mike

• Advertisement

I received your PM's - thanks for that. And I'll get in touch with the Politics Cafe mods to get their side of things. Please be patient while I do so - real life obligations means that people can't always respond straight away.

sure
    thanks

Okay Jan_de_Bakker,

I've spoken to the mod in question, and I believe he has also been in touch with you regarding your infraction. The moderators have agreed to reduce the card from a red (infraction) to a yellow (warning), which I believe to be quite a generous offer, seeing as the carding was entirely warranted.

Just to be clear though, you've been around the forum long enough to know that this posting style is unacceptable across the site as a whole, and a stipulation of your previous prison thread was that you keep your nose clean if you want to maintain posting rights here. I would suggest you try harder and reconsider your posting style, as from here on in, we're into infraction and ban territory.

If you are happy with this outcome, I can set the wheels in motion to reduce your card to a yellow and close this thread as 'resolved'. If not, you are welcome to request an admin review of proceedings here.

~Mike

Hi, yes sounds good

thanks

mike_ie wrote: »
    Okay Jan_de_Bakker,

I've spoken to the mod in question, and I believe he has also been in touch with you regarding your infraction. The moderators have agreed to reduce the card from a red (infraction) to a yellow (warning), which I believe to be quite a generous offer, seeing as the carding was entirely warranted.

Just to be clear though, you've been around the forum long enough to know that this posting style is unacceptable across the site as a whole, and a stipulation of your previous prison thread was that you keep your nose clean if you want to maintain posting rights here. I would suggest you try harder and reconsider your posting style, as from here on in, we're into infraction and ban territory.

If you are happy with this outcome, I can set the wheels in motion to reduce your card to a yellow and close this thread as 'resolved'. If not, you are welcome to request an admin review of proceedings here.

~Mike

Again, this was a one off ... and allready explained it was in exasperation .

• Advertisement

Good to know. That being the case, I'll set the wheels in motion to have the red card revoked, replaced with a yellow, and we can consider this as resolved.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement