Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cycling Ireland Club Affiliation

Options
  • 22-02-2017 10:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Read below. Our club secretary paid them a few weeks ago and even though a phone call should sort it out he has tried and the problem is getting through to them.

Has anybody else got this email ? And has anybody any idea of what may have gone wrong ? Could our secretary have done something on their portal where he thought he paid but in fact didn't ? Is their system easy and clear to use ?

====

Dear Member,

We wish to advise you that our records, as of Feb 20th, indicate that you are a current member of a club which has not yet completed its affiliation process for 2017. Please note that while your club is awaiting affiliation, the .pdf version of your licences will only be accepted at event sign-on up to 28th February 2017.

NOTE
    • A physical licence and your back-numbers will be posted out to you when your club has completed its affiliation
    • During the month of March you may purchase an Event Licence Fee at events if your club has still not completed its affiliation.
    • After April 1st Event Licence Fees are not available at competitive events and the .pdf version of your licence will not be accepted at event sign on.

We would like to thank you for renewing your license with Cycling Ireland this year and hope you have an enjoyable and safe cycling year ahead.

Cycling Ireland Membership Team

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭jamesd

Has he mailed them, they usually come back after a few days and fix any issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭harringtonp

jamesd wrote: »
    Has he mailed them, they usually come back after a few days and fix any issues.

Not sure but just emailed them myself so lets wait and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭jamesd

I do this for my club, Ive been back and forth to them a few times via mail and they always get all sorted out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭clog

Have you looked at the membership update on Cycling Ireland. If you scroll down and click on the different provinces it will show where in the process the club is.

http://www.cyclingireland.ie/page/membership/membership-update

One thing that can hold things up is that a form has to be sent back confirming club officials. The system will not allow payment until this is sent back (email will do).

I paid our club affiliation online and received confirmation immediately once they had the doc's back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭harringtonp

clog wrote: »
    Have you looked at the membership update on Cycling Ireland. If you scroll down and click on the different provinces it will show where in the process the club is.

http://www.cyclingireland.ie/page/membership/membership-update

One thing that can hold things up is that a form has to be sent back confirming club officials. The system will not allow payment until this is sent back (email will do).

I paid our club affiliation online and received confirmation immediately once they had the doc's back.

Interesting, the club is not even listed in the non-affiliated clubs for Munster:

http://www.cyclingireland.ie/uploads/nonaffiliatedmunsterclubs20feb17.pdf

which presumably means the process is complete. But there is something their system is not happy about because the email was sent out and nobody in the club has received a license yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭clog

When did the club pay ?. CI will charge a €50 'January Penalty' on top of the normal fee if paid late.

I have found them much harder to deal with this year on all levels. Very slow to reply to any requests.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Thekeencyclist

Received a notification from CI a few weeks ago stating that club affiliation had not been completed due to not having a chairman assigned and therefore licences etc would not be printed etc until everything was updated, altho I had completed + paid the affiliation myself back in December for the club.

I think when the switchover from the old to the new portal happened, some 'data' got lost during the transition and we ended up with no chairman assigned.

I updated our chairman's profile with the necessary role. Couple of weeks later, our licences + numbers arrived in the post.

You may need to have a committee member check the committee members profiles to ensure they have the correct roles set up. I think at a minimum, there should be a Chairman, Secretary, Treasurer.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Techo

Folks, do different clubs have different rates to join? I registered with CI as a leisure cyclist and was considering a local club. I haven't followed through with payment yet as I'm considering one or two clubs in the area. I see when adding a club, the club rate is €30 dearer than the CI rate (€40), is this standard? How much is it to join a club if you have the CI licence got already?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,477 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Techo wrote: »
    Folks, do different clubs have different rates to join? I registered with CI as a leisure cyclist and was considering a local club. I haven't followed through with payment yet as I'm considering one or two clubs in the area. I see when adding a club, the club rate is €30 dearer than the CI rate (€40), is this standard? How much is it to join a club if you have the CI licence got already?
    Each club sets it's own rates which are on top of the CI sub. Most have an online presence (website, FB etc) where you can enquire as to what you get for your fee and assess which club suits you best

Advertisement