Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fibre cable outside my house but I can't get fibre connection.

Options
  • 22-02-2017 1:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I live in a rural area and have been an Eir customer since I built my house 4 years ago. My broadband speeds have always been very poor. 

Last October I saw engineers at work on the poles outside my house and I spoke with them. They were putting up a fibre cable along my road and they told me I would soon have vastly improved broadband speeds and that Eir would be in touch with me about the fibre connection.

In January an Eir staff member called to my door and informed that the fibre connection would be available at my house from February 3rd. He told me to call Eir on that date and request a free upgrade to fibre.

I have called Eir twice since Feb 3rd only to be told that a fibre connection was not showing up as available at my house. None of the staff members I spoke to on the phone could tell me when it would be available, even though the person who called to my door had given me the date of Feb 3rd.

This has become quite frustrating as my broadband speed is still very unsatisfactory and I am looking out the window at the fibre cable since last October.

How can I find out when the fibre connection will be available?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Hi,
    I live in a rural area and have been an Eir customer since I built my house 4 years ago. My broadband speeds have always been very poor. 

Last October I saw engineers at work on the poles outside my house and I spoke with them. They were putting up a fibre cable along my road and they told me I would soon have vastly improved broadband speeds and that Eir would be in touch with me about the fibre connection.

In January an Eir staff member called to my door and informed that the fibre connection would be available at my house from February 3rd. He told me to call Eir on that date and request a free upgrade to fibre.

I have called Eir twice since Feb 3rd only to be told that a fibre connection was not showing up as available at my house. None of the staff members I spoke to on the phone could tell me when it would be available, even though the person who called to my door had given me the date of Feb 3rd.

This has become quite frustrating as my broadband speed is still very unsatisfactory and I am looking out the window at the fibre cable since last October.

Hi  coillsaille,

Thanks for getting in touch.

I can understand your frustration with this. Our launch dates are estimated and can be delayed due to several factors. Have you checked your address/phone number here? I'm more than happy to check this for you if you want to PM me your account details or the area your in?

Thanks,
    Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭coillsaille

Hi,

Hi  coillsaille,

I can understand your frustration with this. Our launch dates are estimated and can be delayed due to several factors. Have you checked your address/phone number here? I'm more than happy to check this for you if you want to PM me your account details or the area your in?

Thanks,
    Pamela 
    Hi Pamela,
    Yes I have tried checking my address/phone number on that numerous times. It just tells me that fibre has not yet reached my address (even though the fibre cable reached my address 4 months ago) and it doesn't give me any estimated date for connection. I will PM the account details.
    Thanks.

P.S. On the Eir rural fibre roll-out map my exchange is marked as fibre active.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Hi,

Hi  coillsaille,

Thanks,
    Pamela 
    Hi Pamela,
    Yes I have tried checking my address/phone number on that numerous times. It just tells me that fibre has not yet reached my address (even though the fibre cable reached my address 4 months ago) and it doesn't give me any estimated date for connection. I will PM the account details.
    Thanks.

P.S. On the Eir rural fibre roll-out map my exchange is marked as fibre active.
    No problem coillsaille, I'm going through my PM's now.

Thanks,
    Pamela 

Advertisement