Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC Securewatch alarm reset

Options
  • 22-02-2017 1:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭

Hi all
    I have a HKC Securewatch alarm (at least 10 years old) but wasn't given the codes when i bought the house. I contacted the guy who installed the alarm and he gave me a code but that set the alarm off. So i disconnected a yellow wire from the circuit board and that knocked off the alarm. If i reconnect the wire the alarm goes off. I've tried 01111 and 04567 and a few other things suggested but no luck. So I need help I think...

This was a few years ago and I want to get the alarm working again - anyone know anyone who could have a look at it?

Thanks
    ftc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭kub

Where in the country are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭feartheclaw

kub wrote: »
    Where in the country are you?

Dublin 8

• Registered Users Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭kub

I like your user name :D.

Here is a list of all PSA licensed installers, have a look through it, any installer worth his salt will sort you no problem at all as you have the most popular manufactured system installed.

Have a look here https://www.psa.gov.ie/en/PSA/1A.-Register-of-Contractor-Licensees-(AllSectors).pdf/Files/1A.-Register-of-Contractor-Licensees-(AllSectors).pdf

Chat to at least 3, tell them your problem and find out what their costs are before you commit. Your system can be defaulted easily and reprogrammed with new codes etc.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

And don't believe any of them who tell you it has to go back to HKC along with an extra charge. I had 2 customers told that down in Chapelgate this month alone by the same person.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭feartheclaw

kub wrote: »
    I like your user name :D.

Here is a list of all PSA licensed installers, have a look through it, any installer worth his salt will sort you no problem at all as you have the most popular manufactured system installed.

Have a look here https://www.psa.gov.ie/en/PSA/1A.-Register-of-Contractor-Licensees-(AllSectors).pdf/Files/1A.-Register-of-Contractor-Licensees-(AllSectors).pdf

Chat to at least 3, tell them your problem and find out what their costs are before you commit. Your system can be defaulted easily and reprogrammed with new codes etc.

Thanks!
    One other issue - I had a Velux window replaced a few years ago and the guy pulled out the alarm sensor and plastered over the wire - I know...don't ask...!! Will this cause problems?
    ftc

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

It depends on how the wire was lef. Whether its a loop or a single cable, whether its the end of a loop or in the middle of a loop.
    The wort case scenario is if it is in the middle of a loop & continuing on to more windows/doors and the cables have been left separated.End of a loop or a cable on its own is easily removed from the system.
    No way to tell you more without looking at it..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement