Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rent a room relief, in property less than 50% of the time

Options
2»

Comments

monsterdev wrote: »
    Yea I try and keep it under the threshold 14k to avoid the hassle. Happy tenants and less paperwork

Just to point out if you go over the 14k by even 1 euro you have to pay tax on everything not just the amount you go over by.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Just to point out if you go over the 14k by even 1 euro you have to pay tax on everything not just the amount you go over by.

And to point out it doesn't avoid any paper work even when under the 14K - you still have to declare it.

Hi Guys,

I have a property in Limerick that I live in with 3 tenants. I am currently availing of the rent-a-room relief up to 14k.

I recently got a job in Dublin and I will be renting a room there mon-friday.

Am I still entitled to avail of this exemption on my Limerick property ?
    Yea I try and keep it under the threshold 14k to avoid the hassle. Happy tenants and less paperwork

There's a whiff off this topic IMO.
    How long do you own the Limerick property?

Advertisement