Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JFK to Manhattan Taxi/Bus Shuttle

Options
  • 22-02-2017 3:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭

Just checking transport options from JFK to Downtown well 100th Street. Just checked taxi and did not realise that they are so expensive including  Tolls and Tip. Checked also to shuttle companies Super Shuttle and Go Airlink and mixed reviews. Other shuttles only drop you at Grand Central or Port Auth and Miss Gunner wants to go to the hotel after long flight. Been before and got the bus and subway but maybe on the way back just not when we land
    Any other options or shuttle bus, transportation options available

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Dave1442397

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭thebeerbaron

100th street is not downtown. Best option is a taxi. The buses will only bring you toward grand central, times square etc

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭cactusgal

Take the Airtrain from JFK to Jamaica and get the Long Island Railroad (LIRR) to Penn Station and then a taxi uptown to 100th, or you can get on the subway from Penn Station.
    LIRR is very fast and reliable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭jjbrien

cactusgal wrote: »
    Take the Airtrain from JFK to Jamaica and get the Long Island Railroad (LIRR) to Penn Station and then a taxi uptown to 100th, or you can get on the subway from Penn Station.
    LIRR is very fast and reliable.

Living over here I 2nd this. Taxi from JFK is madness unless you got 3 people in it. There is a flat fare of $52 plus tolls, the 50-cent MTA State Surcharge, the 30-cent Improvement Surcharge, and $4.50 rush hour surcharge (4 PM to 8 PM weekdays, excluding legal holidays).

Airtrain costs $5 then your LIRR ticket to penn station which is $10.00 so $15 then add on the subway fare ranges from $2.25 if you get a metro card or $3 single ride.

Cheapest option is airtrain to Jamaica $5 then take the E train $2.25 or $3 to grand central or port authority bus station depending on which side of the city your going and then take a train uptown.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Cheers for the replies
    If I was travelling on my own yeah I would get the train and subway but Miss Gunner against trains, planes and automobiles after long flight but both of us agree that taxi's are rip offs
    Shuttle is the best option just some good and some bad reviews of them I will look further into Uber optio

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭jjbrien

Just to give you an idea and this is without surge prices for Uber:
    uberX: $53-70uberXL: $80-105SUV: $132-171uberFAMILY: $63-80UberBLACK: $106-138
    Not as cheap as you might think thats from JFK to 100 St Manhattan

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Cheers for the replies
    In the end booked a Shuttle and managed to find a coupon to get money off return trip

Advertisement