Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parked car hit & run

Options
  • 22-02-2017 4:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,062 ✭✭✭✭

Hey,

My car is covered third party, first & theft. On Monday some scummer decided to take a short cut through my parked car, the side of it is badly scraped, dents around the back wheel arch and my mirror got taken off. No idea who did it (they helpfully did not stick around, and I didn't see/hear it when it happened), so am I screwed and stuck for any repair costs myself?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,791 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Have you contacted the local Gardaí, perhaps a drunk driver was stopped with damage to their car and it could be connected to yours?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Keith186

Have you contacted the local Gardaí, perhaps a drunk driver was stopped with damage to their car and it could be connected to yours?

I don't think they cover property damage unless you can identify the car that caused damage.

OP will probably have to pay from their own pocket.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,062 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I did, they came out to take a look but said unless something falls into their laps there's not much they can do. My neighbour has cameras pointing at the spot where car was too, but they're currently on the blink so don't record :(

It was in the middle of the day too, somewhere between noon and 2pm. I did a walk around the neighbouring streets to see if anyone has a damaged car parked up, but no joy..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭rex-x

Same thing happened to me OP a few years ago, car was destroyed, middle of the day and they drove off without leaving a note. Fixed it myself at great cost :(

Advertisement