Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin - Cycle Routes

Options
  • 22-02-2017 4:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

Hi all,

Looking for a bit of help on Dublin cycle routes. I'm not all that familiar with any cycling routes outside the city center.

I am looking for routes 60-80 and if possible an easy, medium and hard type difficulty.

If anybody has any route recommendations North or South of the city it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

Sally Gap - Easy

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Sunsets On Tuesday

From the city out to Dundrum -> Enniskerry and then up to Glencree (10k of moderate climbing) and then descent bringing you past the Powerscourt Waterfall, and then just back into Enniskerry and back. Nice Cycle of about 40/50k depending on where you are in Dublin, with great scenery, nice descents and fairly okay ascents!

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Bladeserver

Cheers folks. I will look into these two routes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,332 ✭✭✭secman

City centre to Rathmines, out through Terenure , templeogue village, out Tallaght by- pass , out the Blessington road, in blessington you have choice of going out to valleymount and around lakes, beautiful scenery, which brings you back to blessington and back to city centre. Or in blessington take left turn in village, go across bridge and take left turn, eventually brings you back on to main road back to Tallaght, about 3 different options. You could do a 50 to 60 km or going around lakes would bring it up to 75 to 80 km.

Advertisement