Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fight in Blanchardstown Shopping Centre

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Glen_Quagmire

I wonder what it was over? Nobody was arrested which I find strange with the camera footage clearly showing many faces involved

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

Obviously it's all over social media with numerous comments attached

One said one of the youths done something to the man with the belt kid

Also similar happened with another two youths pushing a kid to the floor in turn spilting their head and the father chasing them

Amazed nothing more made of it and as you said no arrests made

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Looks like about 8-10 people max from the blurred out video. Some poetic license as usual from the media.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

jeffk wrote: »
    Surprised no one posted this.

Because it's pointless?

So you don't think this happening in a popular shopping centre on a busy day should be highlighted?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Because it's pointless?

If we're talking about pointless threads and posts then we'd have to delete 80% of boards.

... We'll start with yours first :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

So you don't think this happening in a popular shopping centre on a busy day should be highlighted?

Why? Salacious gossip? Give the assholes a bit more publicity? The fact The Liberal ran the 'story' tells you all you need to know about it.

Three other sites including rte ran it, it's news and as such would be reported, so dunno why you need ' '

I think I'd rather be made aware of these issues than who was the baby from 20 years ago supping a pint

What planet do you live on to think, you no what I'll go do a bit of shopping with my kid and end the evening on the floor getting kicked by skangers?

Allegedly the man got a broken jaw and was a badge of honor with his low life friends to brag about on Facebook

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭gflood

Bit of a coincidence a camera was handily available when this broke out. Sure what else woudl they be doing on their tax payers subsidised "day off"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭tomofson

What planet do you live on to think, you no what I'll go do a bit of shopping with my kid and end the evening on the floor getting kicked by skangers?

Allegedly the man got a broken jaw and was a badge of honor with his low life friends to brag about on Facebook

I knew classism would come into it eventually as it always does...

That man as you can clearly see in the non edited video, followed those teens with belt in hand and proceeded to strike at them. Then was swarmed and received a beating by multiple persons. While it was wrong he was attacked by so many people at once, he is by no means the innocent in this case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

OK folks, play nicely or I'll close the thread. Thank you.

tomofson wrote:
    That man as you can clearly see in the non edited video, followed those teens with belt in hand and proceeded to strike at them. Then was swarmed and received a beating by multiple persons. While it was wrong he was attacked by so many people at once, he is by no means the innocent in this case.

tomofson wrote:
    I knew classism would come into it eventually as it always does...

I'd be the last person to play the classism card.

Try going to a league of Ireland match where people refuse to sit near you on the bus because you're a football fan, or even worse when you go outside Dublin for a match

Again look on social media, if the comments are to be believed they done something to his son. Like any parent right or wrongly you'll defend your kids

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Kai123

I was there when it happened.

It was chaotic, but what stood out was an adult with a belt trying to beat one of the teenagers and most of the teenagers trying to beat the crap out of the man. The man must of been in his mid 30s I think, he had the belt folded over and was trying to hit the kid like with the metal end of it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

I dont have a problem with it being reported, just dont like the sensationalism of it by the media - they do all they can to make people live in fear, because that sells more papers/page visits/ads or helps them promote their own particular brand of bigotry.

This sort of thing (the kerfuffle) has happened throughout history but with FB etc we all have it crammed down our throats as big news. I've seen worse in GAA matches.
    And at the end of the day so what if this happened in Blanch SC? I have to go there this weekend so I'll go either way - the behaviour of some other fools is not going to make me change what I want to do nor should it change anybody's plans.

Gaspode wrote: »
    I dont have a problem with it being reported, just dont like the sensationalism of it by the media - they do all they can to make people live in fear, because that sells more papers/page visits/ads or helps them promote their own particular brand of bigotry.

This sort of thing (the kerfuffle) has happened throughout history but with FB etc we all have it crammed down our throats as big news. I've seen worse in GAA matches.
    And at the end of the day so what if this happened in Blanch SC? I have to go there this weekend so I'll go either way - the behaviour of some other fools is not going to make me change what I want to do nor should it change anybody's plans.

I agree about the media, get it out ASAP and never mind the backstory, Nightcrawler was a great film to show this attitude. I experienced it with the Grafton street lights, couldn’t wait to get it into the media and used an old version of my Facebook status

I knew the GAA was ruff, but didn’t know that they’re using trouser belts on each other :P:P:P

As I said it’s the last thing I’d expect to see in a shopping centre and I’m surprised the centre hasn’t released a statement. Some people can be easily put off visiting places

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 873 ✭✭✭Casey78

gflood wrote: »
    Bit of a coincidence a camera was handily available when this broke out. Sure what else woudl they be doing on their tax payers subsidised "day off"

Aye because cameras are so rare these days. Imagine if they invented something like a mobile phone that was also a camera.. that would be so cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭Naos

gflood wrote: »

What? It happened at 7pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭tomofson

I'd be the last person to play the classism card.

Try going to a league of Ireland match where people refuse to sit near you on the bus because you're a football fan, or even worse when you go outside Dublin for a match

Again look on social media, if the comments are to be believed they done something to his son. Like any parent right or wrongly you'll defend your kids

Okay well I'm glad your not into this classism malarky...

There is two sides to every story, and even if something did happen to his son he made the situation a whole lot worse, whether you like it or not he made the worse mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,001 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Even young girls there throwing in the boot. Real classy.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Notable extra security at that entrance when there last night, normally needed there to sheppard the scrotes out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭sm3ar

Notable extra security at that entrance when there last night, normally needed there to sheppard the scrotes out.

They always have security at entrances but need em in the middle too...always scumbags hanging around asking for a euro for the bus etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

sm3ar wrote: »
    They always have security at entrances but need em in the middle too...always scumbags hanging around asking for a euro for the bus etc

Also security at the door are more likely to be in a position to perform a citizens arrest on shoplifters as they can't do anything until they're off the premises.

Last years story.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement