Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Answer or Not?? (01) 611 5404

Options
  • 22-02-2017 4:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Just wondering is this Bank of Ireland trying to call me?. I've been getting loads of missed calls from this number. I checked this number on various websites saying it's a scam call and avoid answering this number.. But when other people do answer this number, they get silence on the other end or a dial tone. Some people are saying that it's not Bank of Ireland, as some of the calls are happening after 6pm, outside office hours.. If this is Bank Of Ireland trying to call, why don't they leave any voice messages??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Balaurada wrote: »
    Just wondering is this Bank of Ireland trying to call me?.  I've been getting loads of missed calls from this number. I checked this number on various websites saying it's a scam call and avoid answering this number.. But when other people do answer this number, they get silence on the other end or a dial tone. Some people are saying that it's not Bank of Ireland, as some of the calls are happening after 6pm, outside office hours.. If this is Bank Of Ireland trying to call, why don't they leave any voice messages??
    Hi Balaurada,

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards.

Yes this number is a Bank of Ireland number. We would ring you in relation to a recent application or service request you may have made or to do a Financial needs review with you. If you need help with anything else please let us know.

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 23 mugsir

Hello BOI folks,
    Sorry to piggyback on this old thread but I have the same issue. I am being harassed by this number almost daily. No message, hangs up after a few rings, when answered it makes a dodgy dial tone.
    I do not want financial advice at this time and wish to stop this number calling me every few days. I have an adviser in my local branch, i have his details should I need them. Can someone from BOI contact me to stop these nuisance calls occurring? 

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭merisi

mugsir wrote: »
    Hello BOI folks,
    Sorry to piggyback on this old thread but I have the same issue. I am being harassed by this number almost daily. No message, hangs up after a few rings, when answered it makes a dodgy dial tone.
    I do not want financial advice at this time and wish to stop this number calling me every few days. I have an adviser in my local branch, i have his details should I need them. Can someone from BOI contact me to stop these nuisance calls occurring? 
    Same here. If I answer, I just hear nothing on the other end of the line, and again, no voicemails are ever left.

Hello BOI folks,
    Hi mugsir,

Thanks for your post and sorry to hear that you're unhappy with these calls you have received. We would advise you to get in touch with the advisor in your branch as they can check what these calls may be in relation to and request that you don't receive any further calls. Alternatively you can call BOI Direct on 0818365365 and an advisor can check whether there may be any notes on your account in relation to these calls.

Thanks,
    Sarah

merisi wrote: »
    Hello BOI folks,
    Same here. If I answer, I just hear nothing on the other end of the line, and again, no voicemails are ever left.
    Hi merisi,

Thanks for your post and we're sorry to hear this. If you can please call BOI Direct on 0818 365 365 an advisor can check your account whether there are any notes regarding these calls. This number is available 8am to midnight Monday to Friday and 9am to 6pm on weekends.

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Advertisement
Advertisement