Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New to bills - advice!

Options
  • 22-02-2017 4:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭

Hi all - just moved into my first house and dealing with a gas bill and electricity bill.

Managed to dodge being the one who handled these all the way from university.

My gas is with flo-gas and electricity with energia. I note Energia mention sending in a reading on their online site - can anyone tell me more about this?

This sounds so naive...because i am about these things so be nice!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Parchment wrote: »
    Hi all - just moved into my first house and dealing with a gas bill and electricity bill.

My gas is with flo-gas and electricity with energia. I note Energia mention sending in a reading on their online site - can anyone tell me more about this?

Quick Google gives the link on their own website. You can do it from within the account or the ESB and Gas networks websites

• Registered Users Posts: 29,376 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Figure out the procedure for whatever companies you're with (you might change) and put in a reading EVERY TIME.

This will ensure that estimated bills don't end up veering away from the actual usage and you wind up with a humdinger of a bill when they eventually do get around to doing a reading again.

I don't think any company does actual readings all the time any more, and whatever about your gas meter, the electricity meter is more than likely inside the house so access will be limited to when you're there when they call.

Your bill will say somewhere on it whether it's an actual reading or an estimated reading - if it's estimated, if you put your own reading into the system an amended bill will be issued and you'll keep yourself on the straight and narrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood

Parchment wrote: »

You can send in a reading via the app also

Advertisement