Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oaktree Tully Road Kildare

Options
  • 22-02-2017 4:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hello!
    My partner and I have just paid a booking deposit on a new house in the Oaktree estate on Tully Road. Hopefully to hear from other future neighbours.
    Looking for tips for things to do in the area, clubs to join, places to eat. Basically any information on the area.
    Had some great info on a different thread.
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

I checked before and found very little on here about oaktree

Hello future neighbour!

Great to see others on here who've bought. Can't wait to move in around May/June

Got approval just yesterday and about to sign contract

I got a 3 bed extended on the oaktree road. What did you go for?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 asscookies

I checked before and found very little on here about oaktree

Hello future neighbour!

Great to see others on here who've bought. Can't wait to move in around May/June

Got approval just yesterday and about to sign contract

I got a 3 bed extended on the oaktree road. What did you go for?

We've booked the same! Unfortunately KBC are dragging their heels on giving us the loan approval letter. Still haven't signed the contracts.

I'm really excited about owning a house and the area looks great!
    Put a bet on a horse in Cheltenham on Tuesday because it was called Tully East and it won! 😂

Are you from the area?
    Do you work in Dublin?

Thanks for replying! Wanted to make sure the houses are selling!

asscookies wrote: »
    We've booked the same! Unfortunately KBC are dragging their heels on giving us the loan approval letter. Still haven't signed the contracts.

I'm really excited about owning a house and the area looks great!
    Put a bet on a horse in Cheltenham on Tuesday because it was called Tully East and it won! 😂

Are you from the area?
    Do you work in Dublin?

Thanks for replying! Wanted to make sure the houses are selling!

Damn! Missed that tip! What price did you get?

We got AIP (and a letter) and just waiting on valuation first for a full offer. KBC too!!

I'm from Dublin but working in citywest so handy enough to get up in the mornings

Expecting our 2nd child soon and what sold it is the location. The amount of things within walking distance... and the schools were highly recommended too

I heard that phase 1 are all sold out. I went to the first viewing and the 2nd week viewing and the amount of dots (meaning sold) placed on the site map in just one week was incredible. Booked it straight away after that

Damn! Missed that tip! What price did you get?

We got AIP (and a letter) and just waiting on valuation first for a full offer. KBC too!!

I'm from Dublin but working in citywest so handy enough to get up in the mornings

Expecting our 2nd child soon and what sold it is the location. The amount of things within walking distance... and the schools were highly recommended too

I heard that phase 1 are all sold out. I went to the first viewing and the 2nd week viewing and the amount of dots (meaning sold) placed on the site map in just one week was incredible. Booked it straight away after that

I got it at 11-1, just have a quick look on Tuesday and it jumped off the page! Had to put a bet on! It seemed like a sign!

Oh are they really sold out? I was worried because they seem to be the only new build that haven't had an update on the daft page. It still says "show houses on 4&5th Feb" and it doesn't mention that there are only a few remaining, or sold out! That's really put my mind at ease! Thanks!

We're approved since November and this week we found out that we're getting more money than we originally thought (which is great) we have had the valuer out and everything but they still haven't given us the final letter. It's getting quite annoying!
    Our broker said they're being quite slow at the moment and we may need to put pressure on them!

Looks like the location is perfect. Short stroll to the town and the curragh on the other side. Cinema and tk maxx etc in Newbridge too.

Congratulations on baby number 2! It will be an amazing place to run around with the kids!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Clintonx19

Well folks,
    Stumbled upon this thread. Myself and my partner are about to complete the contracts signing this week. Just wondering how ye are getting on?

• Advertisement

Hello new neighbour!

We've moved into in and are just trying to unpack etc.
    We're getting there slowly!

Have 0 complaints so far.
    The builder's have been great and so unbelievably helpful.
    The commute is going great too!

When will your house be completed?

We move in all going well in September. we got one of the houses in which the roof has just gone on in the last week or so. The development is looking great so far and we are looking forward to finally getting in. All going well this time next year we will have the BBQ light ����

Clintonx19 wrote: »
    Well folks,
    Stumbled upon this thread. Myself and my partner are about to complete the contracts signing this week. Just wondering how ye are getting on?

Ah! I almost forgot about this thread! Snagging tomorrow and just in time

Baby #2 due next month

Apologies I'm advance if the baby keeps my fellow neighbours up :)

Good luck with the new baby!!

There wasn't any major snags with our house. Just paint touch ups and cleaning etc.

If you have any questions seriously ask the builders. I've found them so good to deal with.

And I hope we'll all be invited to that BBQ next year!! 😎

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭chillinpenguin

Hello All my new neighbours been living in the estate for almost 4 months now.

Place is fantastic and as everyone has said the builders are great to deal with.

Only issues have been there is no EIRCODE. It has caused me a few headaches with car insurance, virgin media etc

The curbs as also crazy high but im being promised the second layer of tarmac is coming soon.

If anyone is wondering travel times to East wall is 1 hour 30 (leaving at 6:30am Driving up the keys is hell)

And i have been making it to redcow in about 35 on a good run (more or less on within the speed limit)

• Advertisement

So today we got a closing date from our solicitor

Stupid question. Is this the day we get our keys?
    Can't wait to move in :)

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭eefs

Another neighbour here! We're hoping to close next week so we can move in over the bank holiday weekend. Fingers crossed!

We have a 1 1/2 year old. Sounds like he'll have a lot of friends to play with!

Can't remember who mentioned the Eircode but did it take you long to get sorted with virgin etc? I had a mare trying to get the house insurance sorted!

Looking forward to moving in!!

eefs wrote: »
    Another neighbour here! We're hoping to close next week so we can move in over the bank holiday weekend. Fingers crossed!

We have a 1 1/2 year old. Sounds like he'll have a lot of friends to play with!

Can't remember who mentioned the Eircode but did it take you long to get sorted with virgin etc? I had a mare trying to get the house insurance sorted!

Looking forward to moving in!!

Looks like I’m moving next week too! Our son is 2. A lot of change for him too but he’ll have his own space

I didn’t need an eircode for home insurance, gave them GPS of the area to check any flood history

I’m with virgin at the moment and my understanding is that since it’s pre wired that I can bring the router down and plug straight in

Hello new neighbours!

We're with virgin media and wifi has been perfect! I already had an account too but upgraded to horizon. Had no problem with address.
    Same with insurance no hassle with address. Just get the coordinates from Google maps and they're happy with that!

Good luck with the move!

Brilliant!

Yeah after 4 phone calls to the insurance company, I finally found someone who asked for the Google coordinates. It's all sorted finally!

eefs wrote: »
    Brilliant!

Yeah after 4 phone calls to the insurance company, I finally found someone who asked for the Google coordinates. It's all sorted finally!

Great! Any idea on keys? Ours will be early next week

FYI anyone who finds the thread, the below works fine

Dropped pin
    near Bride St, Kildare
    https://goo.gl/maps/vrp3ypaveMr

Can't wait to get stuck in, would love a few weeks to get things together then have my family down to watch the Conor McGregor fight in a few weeks. Then when everything is sorted, a few days off to relax in our new home

sorry in advance :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 CARMENCam

Hello neighbour, we just signed the contract for our new house, look forward to meet and know all our neighbours, so I set up a close group so we can chat more and get to know each other.
    Our group name on Facebook is Oaktree Kildare Group.
    Wish u all a lovely day .

CARMENCam wrote: »
    Hello neighbour, we just signed the contract for our new house, look forward to meet and know all our neighbours, so I set up a close group so we can chat more and get to know each other.
    Our group name on Facebook is Oaktree Kildare Group.
    Wish u all a lovely day .

Thanks! I'll join... In the process of moving in and moving out now, lots of work being done....

Can't wait to get settled. Staying officially from tomorrow night :)

Hey how's things? Myself (rob ) and Marie just made the purchase and sent you a request to join the Facebook group. I hope the move in is going well and looking forward to meeting all of ye soon

• Registered Users Posts: 37 1059007

Hey folks,
    I've signed contracts too and hoping to move in soon. Just stumbled across this form and sent a request to the facebook group :)

I'm doing snagging at the moment so any helpful pointer are welcome if anyone found anything important minor or major after moving? I noticed some windows badly damaged and bathroom tiles cracked...did anyone encounter the same ?

Thanks in advance :)

• Advertisement

1059007 wrote: »
    Hey folks,
    I've signed contracts too and hoping to move in soon. Just stumbled across this form and sent a request to the facebook group :)

I'm doing snagging at the moment so any helpful pointer are welcome if anyone found anything important minor or major after moving? I noticed some windows badly damaged and bathroom tiles cracked...did anyone encounter the same ?

Thanks in advance :)

Wow! Nothing like that. Missing some seal around the attic, few nails to drive home, things like that

But I will say that Jack is absolutely sound and he'll look after you

We're all moved in now about 3 weeks. Settling in well. 😊

I'm loving the area. There's so much on our doorstep.

I've requested to join the fb group too. Great idea! I'm Aoife (obviously).

Our snag didn't have anything big on it. It was around 165 items long but nothing too major.

Great idea with the Facebook group!
    Just sent a request to join!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Aaronrylie2017

Hi myself and my partner just put a deposit down on a house in oaktree..

Anyone doing a commute to dublin for work? If so how are you finding it?

Its my only worry

Hi. The n7 is a disaster area at peak times, however just announced is the 3 lanes past Naas to the M9 intersection which will be a BIG help I hope. I currently live in clane and at peak times 30+ mins to citywest.
    Please don't be put off by silly traffic.......

Hi. The n7 is a disaster area at peak times, however just announced is the 3 lanes past Naas to the M9 intersection which will be a BIG help I hope. I currently live in clane and at peak times 30+ mins to citywest.
    Please don't be put off by silly traffic.......

I know I just really hate traffic 😂. Ye i seen that hopefully it makes a differen but oaktree seems like the perfect place for my family.

Hopefully get a job in naas or something

Which house you for?? We are on oak tree road. Best of luck with the process.. we are hopefully moving in this month and from what I have seen it's a great place.

Which house you for?? We are on oak tree road. Best of luck with the process.. we are hopefully moving in this month and from what I have seen it's a great place.

We are oak tree green.. they should be ready in Jan.

Best of luck with the move hope it all goes well.

Plenty in the area to do which is good

Hi guys

Also oak tree road but I have been here 6 months now...... traffic is horrific lately.

I’m a engineer so I work all over the city to give you an idea

Oak tree to Blanchard’s town leave 6:40 arrive 8:20

Oak tree to city Centre is the same (east wall)

Oak tree to dun laoghaire 7am I leave 9:10 arrive

Today was the worst I left at 6:45 did not get to the clonshaugh industrial estate until 8:45.

I don’t mean to scare you and honestly you get used to it pretty quick it gets better when the kids are off etc etc but don’t kid your self with a only hour commute Richard will sell you :p

On the weekends I do oak tree to Tallaght in 35 min it’s just Nass is a major issue and 6am traffic jams do exist

• Advertisement

On another note anyone know when they are putting a second coat on the road curbs are making a mess of my alloys. I was told in a few weeks six months ago

Also I must sound like a grump fear not new neighbors I’m actually nice

Advertisement