Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oaktree Tully Road Kildare

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Aaronrylie2017

Hi guys

Also oak tree road but I have been here 6 months now...... traffic is horrific lately.

I’m a engineer so I work all over the city to give you an idea

Oak tree to Blanchard’s town leave 6:40 arrive 8:20

Oak tree to city Centre is the same (east wall)

Oak tree to dun laoghaire 7am I leave 9:10 arrive

Today was the worst I left at 6:45 did not get to the clonshaugh industrial estate until 8:45.

I don’t mean to scare you and honestly you get used to it pretty quick it gets better when the kids are off etc etc but don’t kid your self with a only hour commute Richard will sell you :p

On the weekends I do oak tree to Tallaght in 35 min it’s just Nass is a major issue and 6am traffic jams do exist

Oh jesus your serious? I work in blanch!!! Thats horrific.

Kids in school in dublin wouldn work.. hmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭chillinpenguin

Deadly serious :( now when I say blanch I mean College Business & Technology Park cruiserath road if that helps

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Chazz Reinhold

Hi all, really thinking about going for one of these houses now. We have a deposit paid on a 3 bed in Ridgewood Manor but they are being so difficult and trying to screw us out of the Help to Buy scheme so thinking of pulling out and going for Oaktree instead.
    Looking at a B extended, anyone have one? Little concerned over the size of the smallest bedroom but the option of attic conversion is good to have.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

Hi all, really thinking about going for one of these houses now. We have a deposit paid on a 3 bed in Ridgewood Manor but they are being so difficult and trying to screw us out of the Help to Buy scheme so thinking of pulling out and going for Oaktree instead.
    Looking at a B extended, anyone have one? Little concerned over the size of the smallest bedroom but the option of attic conversion is good to have.

I have one :)

If you were in the showhouse, then the smallest bedroom is the same size. The only difference Iver the showhouse is the bedroom is massive. For the extra few € for us (not sure of prices now) its well worthwhile over the life of the mortgage. The other advantage if you like, is the attic hatch is in the hallway and not the bedroom

Anyway, another very happy resident here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25 asscookies

We have one too. The box room in my house growing up was smaller (and colder) and it never bothered me! So as a kids bedroom it's really fine!
    We use ours as an office and it's great!
    The master bedroom is huge and knowing the attic can be converted is a huge plus!

I don't like the thoughts of builders screwing you out of the help to buy scheme. That's awful! We couldn't have afforded our house without it.

Come down and see the houses again and think long and hard. Ridgewood manor is beautiful too but personally I prefer our location.
    Plus you'll have sounder neighbours here

Good luck with your decision.

• Advertisement

Is there still type b ext left?

Thanks for the replies guys, great to see so many people are happy there! It is very tempting considering it’s over 20k less in Oaktree for a very similar house! Yes they still have 3 B ext left in phase 3.

Thanks for the replies guys, great to see so many people are happy there! It is very tempting considering it’s over 20k less in Oaktree for a very similar house! Yes they still have 3 B ext left in phase 3.

Also there's a thread on boards about Ridgewood Manor and there are a few grievanceces posted at the very end of the thread. Worth some investigation.

We have bought 1 in the phase was just wondering cos they where sold out but id say someone backed out. Looks like a great estate and everyone who lives there seems happy.. what one are you thinking of buying?

asscookies wrote: »
    Also there's a thread on boards about Ridgewood Manor and there are a few grievanceces posted at the very end of the thread. Worth some investigation.

Ya I saw that, just posted in there as well to see if anyone else is experiencing what we are!

• Advertisement

We have bought 1 in the phase was just wondering cos they where sold out but id say someone backed out. Looks like a great estate and everyone who lives there seems happy.. what one are you thinking of buying?

I think he said 21, 22 and 23 were left. We are going to go again this week and take another look

Also type b. Very happy with size of the spare bedroom. We where also concerned about it. Currently being used as a office but it really is plenty big as a second child’s bedroom.

If I remember correctly from Richard it’s actually a double bed in the show house as they wanted to show it was big enough for one but it backfired slightly as it made the room look a little small.

And feck other places OAKTREE for the win* it’s lovely the town is lively on the weekends without being crazy. decent takeaway pubs and neighbors Seem to be all sound

( unless you have a other half like mine and the proximity to Kildare outlet has been a curse)

Also anyone new to the area check out Kildare farm food discovered it over the weekend it’s a wholesaler/cafe well worth a visit. Also have a few animals they keep as pets for the kids to look at out the back .....just don’t trust the camel

Also anyone new to the area check out Kildare farm food discovered it over the weekend it’s a wholesaler/cafe well worth a visit. Also have a few animals they keep as pets for the kids to look at out the back .....just don’t trust the camel[/quote]

We do a good bit of shopping there! Discovered it a couple of months ago and the meat section is fantastic! Amazing steaks. Wonderful for frozen veg and cottage pies jambons Yorkshire puddings etc.
    Also really love cunninghams. The food is savage and there's always a good atmosphere.
    Try John Boyles too for the Brigids ale! You can take it away in the offo. It's their own brew.
    I'm like your other half and Kildare Village has become my second home. Some great bargains to be had!
    Also Newbridge is great for TK Maxx Debenhams etc.
    The hardware shop has some lovely lamps mirrors rugs etc.

Have to say we're so happy with where we are. Our mortgage is half of what we were paying in rent and we love our house!!

You guys should be on commission for Oaktree, ye are selling it so well lol!

I’ll be onto Richard again tomorrow to arrange another viewing this week....we will call in for a cuppa ha!!

You guys should be on commission for Oaktree, ye are selling it so well lol!

I’ll be onto Richard again tomorrow to arrange another viewing this week....we will call in for a cuppa ha!!

Maybe I should get on to Richard too.... ask for a job!

Seriously though I was so worried about the move. Born and raised in Dublin and really love it, we just can't afford it any more. I think we've made the right decision and I'm excited to see how we settle in here.

Also from Dublin and love it and with the 24 hour green bus service and the train station close by nights out in Dublin are still viable.

We honestly thought we would spend weekends back in Dublin but
    Newbridge has everything Liffey valley the square or blanch has to offer herself recons it’s one of the best Penney’s in the country there is a back road that has you there a bit quicker, there is a big Garda station in the town so no chance of the place becoming lawless like other country places. Also the estate has virgin 360mb internet in it and you will be hard pressed to find that anywhere outside Dublin.

Only downside is as I have said before week day traffic is bad. It can take me 2 hours to get to the north side leaving at 6:30 am

If anyone is talking to Richard soon will you please mention the curbs being so high and when are they putting a second layer of tarmac down....

Also from Dublin and love it and with the 24 hour green bus service and the train station close by nights out in Dublin are still viable.

Newbridge has everything Liffey valley the square or blanch has to offer herself recons it’s one of the best Penney’s in the country there is a back road that has you there a bit quicker, there is a big Garda station in the town so no chance of the place becoming lawless like other country places. Also the estate has virgin 360mb internet in it and you will be hard pressed to find that anywhere outside Dublin.

Only downside is as I have said before week day traffic is bad. It can take me 2 hours to get to the north side leaving at 6:30 am

If anyone is talking to Richard soon will you please mention the curbs being so high and when are they putting a second layer of tarmac down....

I went to the Ireland match on Friday. No bother coming home, last train at 11 though but was time enough for a pint after the game

About the kerbs, if your path is high then ask Jack for a plank should make a difference temporarily. I doubt you’d see a new layer while heavy trucks still going around to just wreck it

Ya the traffic is a bit of a concern too but I’m working in Park West so probably gonna start getting the train to work, only 35 mins from Kildare. If that works out we can think about getting rid of one of the cars too.

Thanks again everyone for your advice in here, we went out again during the week to take another look and looks like you got some new neighbours!
    Reserved a house on Oaktree Green, super excited! Should be ready in Jan sometime!

Thanks again everyone for your advice in here, we went out again during the week to take another look and looks like you got some new neighbours!
    Reserved a house on Oaktree Green, super excited! Should be ready in Jan sometime!

Congratulations! You've made a wonderful decision. This is a great town with everything within walking distance! Haven't had any problems with the house or commute!
    Good luck with everything! !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 1059007

Congratulations on the buy, we are in a few months and have to say, the houses are great and neighbours are really sound. Loads of stuff to do, and all in walking distances so you will love it. I'm now on the train to Dublin and is faster getting into City Centre from Kildare than trying to drive in from Tallaght or get the bus ... crazy! Drop over for a cuppa or a pint in Cunninghams!

did you get a date yet? :)

1059007 wrote: »
    Congratulations on the buy, we are in a few months and have to say, the houses are great and neighbours are really sound. Loads of stuff to do, and all in walking distances so you will love it. I'm now on the train to Dublin and is faster getting into City Centre from Kildare than trying to drive in from Tallaght or get the bus ... crazy! Drop over for a cuppa or a pint in Cunninghams!

Great to hear! Ya I'm planning on getting the train too once we move in, does it get busy or can you get a seat easy enough? I'm looking forward to trying the pints in Cunninghams so will take you up on that! :D

did you get a date yet? :)

Just heard today that it will be ready to snag next week so its starting to happen!

How long did it take you from snagging to closing?

Just heard today that it will be ready to snag next week so its starting to happen!

How long did it take you from snagging to closing?

Very little time. Not sure how busy the boys are on site but was about 3 weeks-ish if I remember.

Great to hear! Ya I'm planning on getting the train too once we move in, does it get busy or can you get a seat easy enough? I'm looking forward to trying the pints in Cunninghams so will take you up on that! :D

Had pints up there at the weekend. Under €5 pints! It's great. Nice handy walk home too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

Couple of bits of info for newbies to Kildare

- National Stud does an annual pass for €72 for 2 adults. Decent cafe there too.

- CYMS hall has loads of different activities and a gym. The gym is not the fanciest, but extremely well run and the classes are excellent (boot camp and spinning usually fill up 10 min before start time). It also has tae kwon do, badminton, dance classes, and of course Bingo.

- 15 min down the M7 is Emo Court. Fantastic OPW estate for walks and coffee/lunch.

- Proper rural pub with €4.20 pints = Martins of Kildoon. Its about 4km down the bog road from Oaktree.

CeilingFly wrote: »
    Couple of bits of info for newbies to Kildare

- National Stud does an annual pass for €72 for 2 adults. Decent cafe there too.

- CYMS hall has loads of different activities and a gym. The gym is not the fanciest, but extremely well run and the classes are excellent (boot camp and spinning usually fill up 10 min before start time). It also has tae kwon do, badminton, dance classes, and of course Bingo.

- 15 min down the M7 is Emo Court. Fantastic OPW estate for walks and coffee/lunch.

- Proper rural pub with €4.20 pints = Martins of Kildoon. Its about 4km down the bog road from Oaktree.

Thanks for the tip on emo court! Have to give it a visit! Didn't realise it was so close!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Crudlerlu

Hi everyone,

We just out our booking deposit down a week or so ago for a house on oaktree lawns. We're very excited about the move. I'm hoping some of you who are already moved in might share some info on the process.

1) were very interested to know the average energy bills for the house and which provider people have used?

2) we are currently being told that the house will be ready in September. I know new builds usually are delayed but Richard mentioned it may be finished earlier. What were other people's experiences. Was it ready early, late or on time?

Any info is appreciated. Trying to figure out finances in the meantime.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 CARMENCam

Hi, welcome to Oaktree, for more information u can join our Facebook page Oaktree Kildare .

Advertisement