Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oaktree Tully Road Kildare

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭NedNew2

Not everyone uses or wants to use Facebook anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Crudlerlu

Yes I don't have facebook. Appreciate any info anyone's happy to give here or by dm

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Chazz Reinhold

Crudlerlu wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

We just out our booking deposit down a week or so ago for a house on oaktree lawns. We're very excited about the move. I'm hoping some of you who are already moved in might share some info on the process.

1) were very interested to know the average energy bills for the house and which provider people have used?

2) we are currently being told that the house will be ready in September. I know new builds usually are delayed but Richard mentioned it may be finished earlier. What were other people's experiences. Was it ready early, late or on time?

Any info is appreciated. Trying to figure out finances in the meantime.

Great decision!

1) We are in Oaktree Green and our houses have Air to Water heating rather than gas. So far so good, apparently it takes a few months for the house to regulate temperature-wise so the bills may be slightly higher (or so I'm told) but still working out at about €160-€180 for 2 months electric bill (no gas bill)

2) Our experience was that we were told they would be ready for snagging by the end of Jan and we snagged the last week of Jan! Was very surprised given the bad weather and Xmas etc. Took about a month from snagging to getting keys, although the slowest part of this is banks, solicitors etc.

We are delighted with everything so far!
    Any other questions, feel free to ask!

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭NedNew2

Great decision!

1) We are in Oaktree Green and our houses have Air to Water heating rather than gas. So far so good, apparently it takes a few months for the house to regulate temperature-wise so the bills may be slightly higher (or so I'm told) but still working out at about €160-€180 for 2 months electric bill (no gas bill)

We are delighted with everything so far!
    Any other questions, feel free to ask!

That sounds really good for the air to water heat pump, especially given the cold weather of February and March. Is the fan outside noisy? Do you have constant hot water? For hearing the house, do you need to have it on constantly or can you have it timed ?

Thanks!

NedNew2 wrote: »
    That sounds really good for the air to water heat pump, especially given the cold weather of February and March. Is the fan outside noisy? Do you have constant hot water? For hearing the house, do you need to have it on constantly or can you have it timed ?

Thanks!

No not noisy at all, you need to be standing next to it to hear it.
    Constant hot water and you dont turn the heat on or off (which takes a bit of getting used to) You just set the thermostats, one for upstairs and one for downstairs, to the temp you want and it regulates itself, if it dips below that temp then the heat kicks in to bring it back up. The houses are so well insulated though that it doesn't fluctuate that much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Gario

Hi, we just signed contracts today. Saying its ready end September. Just wondering have any of you on this got Sky TV or Broadband? If so, what is the broadband like?
    I know the dish must be south facing for the TV.

Cheers

Gario wrote: »
    Hi, we just signed contracts today. Saying its ready end September. Just wondering have any of you on this got Sky TV or Broadband? If so, what is the broadband like?
    I know the dish must be south facing for the TV.

Cheers

Houses are prewired for Virgin so use them for TV and broadband. Broadband is the fastest you can get. Not sure about using Sky for broadband as I think they use Eir lines and the estate isn't wired for Eir yet (I could be wrong about that but it wasn't when I checked a few months back)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 MarissaSydney

Hi everyone, we signed a contract a week ago. Can someone tell me what we get in the house? ( kitchen, do we get carpets in the bedrooms and blinds, carpet on stairs?)
    From agency said a couple of things but I would like to double check.

Thank you very much

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Wkahmed

Hi everyone, we signed a contract a week ago. Can someone tell me what we get in the house? ( kitchen, do we get carpets in the bedrooms and blinds, carpet on stairs?)

Thank you very much

Hi Marissa,

Put my deposit down today. Unfortunately the complete turnkey option is no more. You get the appliances and flooring in the kitchen, utility area, carpet on the stairs and first floor landing area and tiling in the washrooms. That is it

• Registered Users Posts: 19 RosyRose

Hello everyone,

We put our deposit on 15th of September and hope will be neighbors soon. Would anyone advise how long it takes the contract to be posted to the solicitor? Was that after paying the deposit or once the house is completed? Thanks in advance for any answers!

• Advertisement

Thank you very much

We got the contracts back within the three weeks so we got appliances and we have flooring in kitchen and bathrooms.

We're waiting to get a call to snag. Has anyone snagged lately? How soon after snagging did it close?

We got the contracts back within the three weeks so we got appliances and we have flooring in kitchen and bathrooms.

We're waiting to get a call to snag. Has anyone snagged lately? How soon after snagging did it close?

Hi

We have first snag this week , they said house will be finish in Semp but now we hope first weeks in Nov.

Thanks

RosyRose wrote: »
    Hello everyone,

We put our deposit on 15th of September and hope will be neighbors soon. Would anyone advise how long it takes the contract to be posted to the solicitor? Was that after paying the deposit or once the house is completed? Thanks in advance for any answers!

Hi Rosy

For us it was about 3-4 weeks to get contract. It was after paying deposit.

Hi

We have first snag this week , they said house will be finish in Semp but now we hope first weeks in Nov.

Thanks

yes we are snagging next week. Have you been given any idea of the timeline beyond the snag until the closing date. A friend of mine is in the same situation and has been told that after they check the snag list they will be given 2 weeks notice to close.

I don't know whether to start ordering furniture or not.

We were also told September but are glad it got pushed out a bit to save a bit more.

We don’t know how long waiting after snag, we will have on Friday and we will ask them about it

We don’t know how long waiting after snag, we will have on Friday and we will ask them about it.

We bought some of the furniture already and it’s waiting in store warehouse to be delivered , because on some things you have to wait a little longer when you order it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

Hi all,

Future neighbour here too.
    Anyone any advice on how big a bed you can fit into master bedroom? Any issue getting a Queen/Super King up there?

Thanks for any advice,
    Peter

yaboya1 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Future neighbour here too.
    Anyone any advice on how big a bed you can fit into master bedroom? Any issue getting a Queen/Super King up there?

Thanks for any advice,
    Peter

Hi - depends on which house type you have. I can advise on the house type b.

Hi - depends on which house type you have. I can advise on the house type b.

Yeah it's a type B.

Thanks,
    Peter

yaboya1 wrote: »
    Yeah it's a type B.

Thanks,
    Peter

I have a type b on the lawn. We are getting a 5ft bed in. I don't think a 6ft would fit but I could be wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 steve1099

Hi folks,
    We have just put a booking deposit down on one of the 3 bed end of terrace, Very excited!
    Just a quick question, for the valuation, in your experience was there any difference in the value of the property to the sale price?

Thanks

steve1099 wrote: »
    Hi folks,
    We have just put a booking deposit down on one of the 3 bed end of terrace, Very excited!
    Just a quick question, for the valuation, in your experience was there any difference in the value of the property to the sale price?

Thanks

Usually the same as the sale price.
    I've never heard of an occasion where it's been different, but that's not to say it's never happened.

Thanks, this is very helpful :)

Hi All,

Two queries:

1. We are due to snag early Jan. I was wondering if anyone hired a professional to carry out the snag list or did you find it was not needed?

2. Did the banks ask you for updated payslips/statements etc again right before draw down? Just so we can be prepared for another mammoth amount of paper work :)

Thanks

steve1099 wrote: »
    Hi All,

Two queries:

1. We are due to snag early Jan. I was wondering if anyone hired a professional to carry out the snag list or did you find it was not needed?

2. Did the banks ask you for updated payslips/statements etc again right before draw down? Just so we can be prepared for another mammoth amount of paper work :)

Thanks

Hi

1. We snagged two weeks ago. We laid a snagger to do it. They picked up on lots that I'm not sure I would have in one afternoon. It was tedious enough having to check it, never mind spot everything in the first place. And it was all stuff that had we done the snag ourselves we would have missed bit gradually found after we moved in. There was a lot of paint on the fixtures and doors etc. And they were all remedied. But it's up to yourself. If your in the industry you might be able to do it!

2. We are about to draw down and the only extra paperwork they asked for was an additional valuation. We didn't have tonsubmit payslips. You do have to if your approval expires and you need an extension. But we have been extremely careful with the money in our accounts. Keeping everything as squeaky clean as when we were applying because I have heard that they can review at any point.

Hope that helps!!

We don’t know how long waiting after snag, we will have on Friday and we will ask them about it.

We bought some of the furniture already and it’s waiting in store warehouse to be delivered , because on some things you have to wait a little longer when you order it

Did you get your keys yet?

Did you get your keys yet?

Hi

Not yet, they said next Friday. How about you?

Hi

Not yet, they said next Friday. How about you?

No not yet. Solicitor says he's waiting on forms from the builders solicitor and once we get that we can begin the drawdown process which apparently takes a week I'm hoping the week after next. Hope if goes ahead for you Friday!

No not yet. Solicitor says he's waiting on forms from the builders solicitor and once we get that we can begin the drawdown process which apparently takes a week I'm hoping the week after next. Hope if goes ahead for you Friday!

Thanks, hope we will get them on Friday finally. Hope you will get closure notice next week...

• Advertisement

Hi

1. We snagged two weeks ago. We laid a snagger to do it. They picked up on lots that I'm not sure I would have in one afternoon. It was tedious enough having to check it, never mind spot everything in the first place. And it was all stuff that had we done the snag ourselves we would have missed bit gradually found after we moved in. There was a lot of paint on the fixtures and doors etc. And they were all remedied. But it's up to yourself. If your in the industry you might be able to do it!

2. We are about to draw down and the only extra paperwork they asked for was an additional valuation. We didn't have tonsubmit payslips. You do have to if your approval expires and you need an extension. But we have been extremely careful with the money in our accounts. Keeping everything as squeaky clean as when we were applying because I have heard that they can review at any point.

Hope that helps!!

This is really great advice, thanks! We are hoping to be in the neighbourhood by end of Jan if all goes to plan.

Advertisement