Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Working out this Tax issue

Options
  • 22-02-2017 5:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,

I've started working from home for a company based outside of Ireland. I think I fall under being self employed because I get paid for the hours that I put into working for them. I only get paid €300-€700 per month depending on the work that's available and how much i do. I've tried to register the job via the ROS website but the Tax number given to me (B-61227138) isn't considered valid by the system. I'm wondering if I need to fill in a TR1 or Form 11? Please advise.

Thanks, Tom.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

BirdPics wrote: »
    Hi,

I've started working from home for a company based outside of Ireland. I think I fall under being self employed because I get paid for the hours that I put into working for them. I only get paid €300-€700 per month depending on the work that's available and how much i do. I've tried to register the job via the ROS website but the Tax number given to me (B-61227138) isn't considered valid by the system. I'm wondering if I need to fill in a TR1 or Form 11? Please advise.

Thanks, Tom.

It depends. They may need to register as an employer in Ireland.

Advertisement