Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anybody attending portlaoise?

Options
  • 22-02-2017 5:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭

Hi all, I'm currently 31 wks pregnant and attending portlaoise, I am going private to dr singh and I have to say the care so far is great. Just wondering how any of you are finding it if attending here after all the bad press it had got previously. This is my second baby to have here, I was public on the first and just found the waiting time was just so bad, but hopefully that isn't the case now when public?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 229 ✭✭LouD2016

Hi - im going public in portlaoise on my 1st baby. Not finding it too bad but alot lacking at same time. At the start had a 14 week gap between scans which i thought was awful.
    Also i think its very bad they dont offer an anomaly scan...we have paid for 2 private scans to keep our minds at ease.
    Finding you dont get alot of info from doctors at scans either - the waiting room is like a cattle mart :D

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭michdee

Yeah I went public on our first child in portlaoise, the waiting time was awful, but I learned to make our appointments for first thing in the morning and it lessened the waiting time around.
    Re the info I think unless you ask you won't find out, I use to write down whatever questions I'd have and bring it with me and ask when I'd see the docs. That way I'd be sure to get the info I needed or wanted etc.
    We are finding this time a great difference. No waiting times etc and anything we want to find out we are seeing the consultant all the time. Yes it is bad they don't send you for an anomaly, first time round I wasn't bothered about that tho so didn't really affect me too much.
    Who are you attending?

Advertisement