Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

no warning about going overlimit, charged €70

Options
  • 22-02-2017 6:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I went overlimit on my "unlimited" broadband and am being stung for €70 odd quid. 15 mins chat and 15 mins on the phone, nobody seems to want to help me with this.

Questions (please answer all four)

1. Why are customers not warned they are going overlimit? A simple email or text would suffice.
    Here is "my eir" page for this month - no indication that I am overlimit

2. Why are there 24 mentions of "unlimited" on this AUP page but none about overlimit charges?
        I have now been made aware of the tiny print here on page 5, hidden in the footer.

3.Is there any chance that this can be waived as a goodwill gesture as I feel misled and cheated by Eir. 
    4. Am I going to go overlimit this month again?

I will PM my account to whoever responds.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

woejus wrote: »
    Hi,

I went overlimit on my "unlimited" broadband and am being stung for €70 odd quid. 15 mins chat and 15 mins on the phone, nobody seems to want to help me with this.

Questions (please answer all four)

1. Why are customers not warned they are going overlimit? A simple email or text would suffice.
       Here is "my eir" page for this month - no indication that I am overlimit

2. Why are there 24 mentions of "unlimited" on this AUP page but none about overlimit charges?
        I have now been made aware of the tiny print here on page 5, hidden in the footer.

3.Is there any chance that this can be waived as a goodwill gesture as I feel misled and cheated by Eir. 
    4. Am I going to go overlimit this month again?

I will PM my account to whoever responds.
    Hi  woejus,

Thanks for getting in touch. 

There is a fair usage policy which applies to all broadband packages and currently the fair usage policy is 1TB, you can read more on this here. You can monitor your current usage via your myeir page and if you haven't registered for myeir I would recommend registering here.

Sincere apologies if you were not advised of this at point of sale. Can you PM me your name and account number and I will arrange to have this removed however going forward if you exceed your usage you will be charged.

Thanks,
    Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭woejus

Hi Pamela

I sent the account details there by PM

Hi Pamela

Thanks woejus.

I'll come back to you soon through PM's in relation to this.

Thanks 

Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭woejus

Hi Pamela

Thanks woejus.

Thanks 

Pamela 
    This has been resolved - Thank you Pamela

Hi Pamela

Thanks woejus.

Thanks 

Pamela 
    This has been resolved - Thank you Pamela
    No worries  woejus. Thanks for letting me know.

Thanks,
    Pamela 

• Advertisement
Advertisement