Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Payment from one bank to another

• 22-02-2017 7:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

His. I have a question about how long a payment should take between 2 banks. We are selling our house and just gone sale agreed. Because the deposit was more than the buyer could do online they had to go to their branch on Monday afternoon to transfer the funds to our estate agent''s client account. However our estate agent has said the money hasn't hit the account 48 hours later. I am a bit worried as this seems to be a long time. I though transfers usually took place the next business day or at most 2 business days later?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

aoc77 wrote: »
    His.  I have a question about how long a payment should take between 2 banks. We are selling our house and just gone sale agreed. Because the deposit was more than the buyer could do online they had to go to their branch on Monday afternoon to transfer the funds to our estate agent''s client account. However our estate agent has said the money hasn't hit the account 48 hours later. I am a bit worried as this seems to be a long time.  I though transfers usually took place the next business day or at most 2 business days later?
    Hi aoc77, 

Thanks for contacting us on Boards. 

This would depend on what time the buyer made the transfer in branch and what type of transfer they made. We would advise you to check with the estate agent today if the funds have since been received. If not, the buyer can check with their bank to confirm the time frame for the type of transfer they made. Please let us know if we can help with any other query. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

Advertisement