Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilmainham

Options
  • 22-02-2017 8:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I want to buy a 2-bed apartment as an investment and am considering Kilmainham. What apartment complexes are considered attractive in this area? To what extent, if any, are rents and prices likely to change in Kilmainham in the next 12 months? I note the new national children’s hospital is planned for St James’s Hospital (although building has yet to start). I wonder what impact this is likely to have on the area?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,801 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

lambchop22 wrote: »
    I want to buy a 2-bed apartment as an investment and am considering Kilmainham. What apartment complexes are considered attractive in this area? To what extent, if any, are rents and prices likely to change in Kilmainham in the next 12 months? I note the new national children’s hospital is planned for St James’s Hospital (although building has yet to start). I wonder what impact this is likely to have on the area?
    I would be careful around kilmainham especially near the camac river a lot of apartments flooded.
    I know because I lived in Kearns court when it flooded. I would also avoid camac court I have a friend who lived there and serious problems with vandals etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

lambchop22 wrote: »
    ... I wonder what impact this is likely to have on the area?

Get a place which is normally gridlocked and stuff a load more traffic into it. Its will be delightful.

If you don't know the area I wouldn't invest into it. You'd need to know where you are buying there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

Hsq buildings nice. (not exactly kilmainham) Hybreasal building nice too.

Very expensive though. You won't get a deal in Kilmainham.

Advertisement