Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fizik Finishing Kit, users?

Options
  • 22-02-2017 9:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,788 ✭✭✭✭

Having got some major upgrades sorted I'm now onto some finishing kit for my TCR.

As the saddle is FIZIK I'm looking at same brand bar bar tape, stem & the R3 Cyrano bars. I've read some find a little flex when sprinting bit was hoping to get some RL user reviews from someone here.

Anyone use this finishing kit?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭scott.s

I've got the stem and bars, and previously the tape.

Stem is great. I use quite a long one at 130mm and don't have any issues.

I find a bit of flex in the bars when sprinting in the drops. I've contemplated swapping them out for a chunkier bar to reduce flex.

Bar tape - avoid the Performance Classic model. It's like a cheese grater. Not good if you're not wearing gloves. I bought a roll of the soft touch to replace it which feels nice but I never got round to fitting it. I run Supacaz bar tape instead and it's amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,788 ✭✭✭✭dahat

What shape did you get? Some recommend the bull shape?

Is the flex noticeable to the point you get wary of it?
    Must admit the bar fly mount does tempt me as it looks very snug but not sure if it is 520 compatible?

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭scott.s

Chameleon shape for me.
    Wouldn't say wary, I just think I'd be better off with something stiffer.

The barfly mount is great. Should work with the 520. I use a 510 on it and I think they're similar sizes (?)

Have a look at the attached image. Excuse the long steerer tube that needs cut...
    I have the di2 junction box mounted on the underside of the mount in that photo too. I've since moved it to the stem for better cable routing.

Advertisement