Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband Issue: Fault on my Line

Options
  • 22-02-2017 9:46pm
    Subscribers Posts: 689 ✭✭✭

Hello, 

For a number of weeks I have been only getting about 10% of the speed I should be. On Thursday I rang to query the issue, I was told there was a fault on the line, they weren't sure whether it was internal or external so they were sending an engineer.. grand. I was told I'd be contacted within a day or 2. 

Over the weekend I learned another Eir customer on the same road was having the same problem as myself. I rang back today at lunch. After about 10 minutes trying to get through to someone I was told the case had been closed, but they weren't sure why as the fault was still apparent. They told me they couldn't reopen the case as I wasn't at home and they wanted to troubleshoot from the beginning, even though it was apparent I was not the only one on the road with the issue, and I had been through the troubleshooting already.

Rang about 5 minutes ago, I was placed on hold for a transfer... stayed on hold for 5 minutes and just got fed up.

Could someone look into this for me please.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Hello, 

For a number of weeks I have been only getting about 10% of the speed I should be. On Thursday I rang to query the issue, I was told there was a fault on the line, they weren't sure whether it was internal or external so they were sending an engineer.. grand. I was told I'd be contacted within a day or 2. 

Over the weekend I learned another Eir customer on the same road was having the same problem as myself. I rang back today at lunch. After about 10 minutes trying to get through to someone I was told the case had been closed, but they weren't sure why as the fault was still apparent. They told me they couldn't reopen the case as I wasn't at home and they wanted to troubleshoot from the beginning, even though it was apparent I was not the only one on the road with the issue, and I had been through the troubleshooting already.

Rang about 5 minutes ago, I was placed on hold for a transfer... stayed on hold for 5 minutes and just got fed up.

Could someone look into this for me please.
    Hi  FlipperThePriest,

Thanks for getting in touch. 

I'm so sorry to hear this, can you PM me your name and account number and I'll follow up on this with our faults team.

Thanks,
    Pamela 
    Post edited by Boards.ie: Niamh on

• Subscribers Posts: 689 ✭✭✭FlipperThePriest

Hi Pamela,

I'm not at home but an engineer just called and changed an outdated socket, which was apparently the cause of the issue. If the problem still exists I'll be in touch again. Thanks for the response.

No problem  FlipperThePriest, thanks for the update.

-Pamela 

• Subscribers Posts: 689 ✭✭✭FlipperThePriest

Update: Having sent my details to Pamela and asked to adjust my next bill in reflection of the service I have received in the last 4 weeks, she has kindly obliged.

Next time I will be skipping the tech support number (which was a disaster) and coming straight here.

Thanks Pamela.  

No problem at all  FlipperThePriest :D

Thanks,
    Pamela 

• Advertisement
Advertisement