Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway Big Top Announcement Friday

Options
  • 22-02-2017 10:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45

Roisin Dubh just posted this:

'On Friday morning, we are announcing an act for the Big Top that we have been dreaming about bringing here since we started. Really one of the all time legends. You might not want to buy tickets for anything anywhere until then.'

Wonder who it could be?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,592 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Was hoping Future Islands might be one of them seeing that they will be in the country in the allotted period.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

DerekHucklebuck.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭kmurph

Pet Shop Boys maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,410 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Hardly Eddie Vedder and Glen Hansard ??

Everyone is guessing its Nick Cave

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

I cannot see it being Nick Cave after finishing up a North American tour at the end of June.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭harryd2

Brian Wilson of the Beach Boys..

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭xtradel

harryd2 wrote: »
    Brian Wilson of the Beach Boys..

....TodayFM were doing a like & share for tickets on Facebook yesterday evening but it seems to be removed now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Yep, Brian Wilson it is 
    http://www.giaf.ie/events/brianwilson
    Tickets are 65e. Probably the most expensive gig at the arts festival ever id say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

LowOdour wrote: »
    Yep, Brian Wilson it is 
    http://www.giaf.ie/events/brianwilson
    Tickets are 65e. Probably the most expensive gig at the arts festival ever id say.

65? They are 90 for the dublin show

EyesClosed wrote: »
    65? They are 90 for the dublin show

Youtube videos from 2016 and a very sad review in the UK Telegraph have put me right off seeing him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭mosstin

Youtube videos from 2016 and a very sad review in the UK Telegraph have put me right off seeing him

Read a long piece about him in the New Yorker, I think, about a year ago which painted the saddest picture of a man barely able to function being whisked around from show to show living off his name. He's very unwell so it'd be uncomfortable viewing for me also.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Saw him last year at Primavera and in a serious line up, Wilson was one of the best acts. His band is sensational too.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

mosstin wrote: »
    Read a long piece about him in the New Yorker, I think, about a year ago which painted the saddest picture of a man barely able to function being whisked around from show to show living off his name. He's very unwell so it'd be uncomfortable viewing for me also.

I saw him in the Marquee in Cork a few years ago and it was a bit disturbing.

The band and Al Jardine were very good but poor old Brian was drifting in and out of songs.
    At once stage he just hopped up and wandered off the stage in the middle of a song and he had to be led back to his piano .
    He looked well out of it at times.

I saw him in the Marquee in Cork a few years ago and it was a bit disturbing.

The band and Al Jardine were very good but poor old Brian was drifting in and out of songs.
    At once stage he just hopped up and wandered off the stage in the middle of a song and he had to be led back to his piano .
    He looked well out of it at times.

Definitely won't be for me - out of respect to Brian I won't link to the youtube videos from previous years concerts but it's not something I rate as entertainment, regardless of how the rest of the band sound.

Advertisement