Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop to tv screen is small

Options
  • 22-02-2017 11:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭

I have the laptop connected to the tv but the screen is small, what do I press to make it full screen on the tv? I'm using Windows 10

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,650 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Likely you need to change the resolution on the laptop to a higher display setting. Right click in a blank area of your desktop, select Display Settings, then select Advanced Display Settings, change the resolution to something higher.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭joejoe87

Likely you need to change the resolution on the laptop to a higher display setting. Right click in a blank area of your desktop, select Display Settings, then select Advanced Display Settings, change the resolution to something higher.

Seems to be at its highest setting.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,937 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Display drivers up to date?

Also you might find higher settings in the Nvidia control panel or some other app like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Try changing the display ratio on the TV.

Or change the external monitor resolution from the laptop.

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/change-screen-resolution-windows-10-2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭STEINBERG

joejoe87 wrote: »
    I have the laptop connected to the tv but the screen is small, what do I press to make it full screen on the tv? I'm using Windows 10

Check if your TV has a Pixel by Pixel option in the display resolution settings

Resolution seems to be at its highest setting, I think on my old laptop I just had to press one of the F buttons to adjust it. It's on covering about 60% of the tv

I got it working now . Thanks for your help

joejoe87 wrote: »
    I got it working now . Thanks for your help
    What was it?

Advertisement