Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New engine installed

Options
  • 22-02-2017 11:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭

Hi guys
    having a bit of trouble at the moment with car insurance.I bought a car couple months back but didnt know the engine had been changed.Its a honda civic that was a 2litre vtec type r but i purchaesd it as a 1.4 which it is at the moment.Problem is when i go online to get insurance it keeps coming up as a 2litre.The log book is changed were it states was a 2 litre now 1.4 i have an engineers report aswell.So every insurance company has it in there database as a 2 litre and when i say engine was changed to a smaller one they say we dont insure modified cars.Its a serious pain now.Is there any way of having the old engine wiped from the systems and just it stating a 1.4 cause looks like i cant insure the bloody thing and if i can it comical quotes.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭9935452

I think you are a bit screwed regardless with the car .
    AFAIK you can get details like that changed but would require main dealer inspections and trips to the NCT centre and a crap load of paper work.
    The problem is even though you can get the details changed, its still a modified car something which still needs to be disclosed to the insurance company which makes it uninsurable.

Was the car bought privately? Could you try to return it ?

Advertisement