Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cordless Lawnmowers

Options
  • 23-02-2017 5:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭

Battery powered Lawnmowers. Anyone any experience with these? Suppliers etc?

So far I've found the ego range on the Tucks O'Brien website. Load of positive reviews on youtube. Bit pricy though at 700 euro for a self push 19 inch. Haven't had a look at them in the flesh yet.

Any other leads? (pardon the pun)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Marhay70

CGI_3 wrote: »
    Battery powered Lawnmowers. Anyone any experience with these? Suppliers etc?

So far I've found the ego range on the Tucks O'Brien website. Load of positive reviews on youtube. Bit pricy though at 700 euro for a self push 19 inch. Haven't had a look at them in the flesh yet.

Any other leads? (pardon the pun)

No experience of using them although I have my doubts about how well they would perform on long or wet grass, I'd imagine a spare battery wouldn't go astray. What sort of area do you want to cut?
    Amazon have a range or maybe one of the big DIY chains, Homebase, B&Q etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭phormium

I have had battery mowers for about 15 yrs. First was a Flymo, looked like a Fischer Price toy but did the job, replaced the battery once in about 10 yrs or so. I have had a Bosch Rotak (it's identical to the electric model but with a battery) for past good few years, bought it in end of season sale in B&Q for half price, they used to do cordless but I think gave up on them as not too many people here use them.

It's a great little machine, I love it but it won't do long grass or very wet grass, it really is a small garden machine and grass needs to be cut regularly, I gave mine it's first cut this year last week. You have to keep on top of it as it definitely won't do long grass, it will just cut out. Takes about 20 mins to charge battery, I don't leave it on continual charge as I used to with the Flymo ones as this is a lithium battery and instructions were not to leave on charge.

A charge will do my full garden and the two strips of path grass that I have to do, now I'm no good with sizes so can't even guess how much grass that is, takes about 20 mins and is a town front and side garden, not big by any means.

I love it and wouldn't consider any other kind, hope there is another type available if this gives up. Can't be doing with trailing wires and I'm not going to start messing with petrol etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭CGI_3

Thanks for all the tips. Looks like I'd need a heavier duty mower, so its either stump up for the ego, and there doesn't seem to be alternatives on the Irish market, or sort out my many Petrol mowers.

Advertisement